• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kayak Fishing Thread

Crippen
What fish finder is that? Where did you mount the transducer? Thanks

Crippen how did you run your wires for the fish finder, looks like all the wires and battery is inside the pod.

Its a hummingbird Helix 5. Went to buy a Lowrance, they were out, so I bought the Hummingbird equivalent. I’m extremely pleased with it but I have nothing to compare it to really. Last time I owned a fish finder was around 98. This one is better lol.

Everything is in the Pod and the transducer is on the pod. Bottom of the pod is in the water but above the hull so I can scrape bottom.

D6B259CA-1E69-4801-9FE8-A4543A2FB54B.jpeg
71ACDE87-4FD7-4629-B3DB-3312472AB726.jpeg
128883BA-5451-4107-A6F1-6BC40671D455.jpeg

Update on the Shearwater

Absolutely love it. I have even stood on the seat perch now. I’m not gonna lie, that’s a little sketchy, but doable.

Its a hummingbird Helix 5. Went to buy a Lowrance, they were out, so I bought the Hummingbird equivalent. I’m extremely pleased with it but I have nothing to compare it to really. Last time I owned a fish finder was around 98. This one is better lol.

Everything is in the Pod and the transducer is on the pod. Bottom of the pod is in the water but above the hull so I can scrape bottom.

View attachment 2695747 View attachment 2695748 View attachment 2695749

Thank you sir

Did you put this together or buy it as it is. That would be perfect for my needs. What is the power source?

In for power source

The Shearwater comes with a dry pod that is set up for this application. Some people run the wire over to the accessory rail but I wanted everything together.

this is the battery I am running. 6 hrs run time without a charge so far. I’m going to run it till it dies, so I’ll know.

9A0B8AE3-52E8-4C02-95E3-DDF053EAD5A5.png

The Shearwater comes with a dry pod that is set up for this application. Some people run the wire over to the accessory rail but I wanted everything together.

this is the battery I am running. 6 hrs run time without a charge so far. I’m going to run it till it dies, so I’ll know.

View attachment 2697162

update on the cheap battery...
I let it sit in the garage with no charge since last week. When I got to the pond this morning it didn’t have any power. So I guess two, short, back to back trips with no charge is all she’s good for.

Back
Top Bottom