• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kayak fishing on Lanier

Phydoux

Default rank <3000 posts Lifetime Supporter
Violent pacifist
103   0
Reaction score
Future kayak addict here looking for recommendations on the best places on Lanier to put in and attempt to catch fish on Lanier, I know of other places, like small lakes, electric only lakes and private lakes, but would like to get on Lanier.
What’s the easiest place to put in and out of? Low boat traffic, ect . Does fishing under or around private docks produce? I’ll take any info I can get!!

My Father-in-law has a house up there - so luckily I can get in at his dock. I've gotten into some catfish and bluegill under the docks (and the stairs leading down to the docks). But a lot more bass and catfish out on little bluffs on those islands out in the middle of the lake. It's a huge lake so I'm sure experiences will vary!

8A62E5ED-A317-418D-8760-2BE74A8A593A.jpeg
5C72DBE5-810D-4B17-86D1-DAD86B24663B.jpeg
F5BD067A-627C-4494-8829-5922F0A0D77F.jpeg
829C8C7A-B27C-44A6-8A42-2FDF1F0CD561.jpeg

Where were ya?

We just started giving Lanier a shot a couple weeks ago. So far we have put in at Six Mile Creek, Nix Bridge, and Old Federal. We have caught fish in all three places. We are striper fishing with live bait, but we have not caught a striper yet.

I was a little concerned about being in a yak on Lanier but so far so good. We have some high vis orange flags and we stay close to no wake zones or the shore.

To answer your earlier question about boat docks the answer is yes. Many people fish nothing but docks at Lanier. I prefer humps, ledges, points and other open water structure.

We just started giving Lanier a shot a couple weeks ago. So far we have put in at Six Mile Creek, Nix Bridge, and Old Federal. We have caught fish in all three places. We are striper fishing with live bait, but we have not caught a striper yet.

I was a little concerned about being in a yak on Lanier but so far so good. We have some high vis orange flags and we stay close to no wake zones or the shore.

To answer your earlier question about boat docks the answer is yes. Many people fish nothing but docks at Lanier. I prefer humps, ledges, points and other open water structure.
Me and my son fished the family pond today. A friend told me about a spot on Lanier that doesn’t get a lot of traffic and is great for kayaking and striper. I’ll send ya a pm with info on it. Maybe next Sunday???

Me and my son fished the family pond today. A friend told me about a spot on Lanier that doesn’t get a lot of traffic and is great for kayaking and striper. I’ll send ya a pm with info on it. Maybe next Sunday???

We might be able to meet you up there in the afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom