• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kahr CW45 Sucks

I've had two Kahrs, a PM380 and a used PM9 I got as a police trade in.

The PM-380 was a great littlie gun as long as everything was perfect. I Frog Lubed it though and left it in a glove compartment over the Winter, and had to send it back to them to get it working again. Very finicky and delicate little pistols with a very high maintenance requirement.

I ended up selling it when it cam back and putting a Ruger LCP II in the role of a 'wallet gun' instead. It's utterly reliable and doesn't have the same fragility as the PM380.

The PM9 was one that AO had as police trade ins a few years back. It's a nice little pistol and at the time was one of the best 'micro' 9mms out there. Very reliable with most ammo and the springs never gave me an issue (unlike the PM380s).

I still have it but when I switched to my SIG P365 for EDC it's been relegated to the safe and will probably get sold off as well. Still, it's a great little pistol and I find myself a little reluctant to put it up on the block if I don't have to.

Still, I could see that scaling that same platform (basically) up to 45ACP sizes could cause issues, especially with hollow points.

I get a kick when I see "...a break-in period of 500 rounds...". How many other products need a break-in period. I remember the cars of the 50s and 60s did (!). When I buy a firearm, I would expect it to do its intended purpose right away. (Normal 'get used to it at the range' accepted.) If it takes 500 rounds to break in - do it at the factory and see that it is ready for the consumer right away.

Back
Top Bottom