• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kahr CW45 Sucks

I never had a issue with my CW9 I still rotate for carry.

I did have a cw45 and a p45. The only problem I can recall with either of them was the p45 had a super tight chamber and certain factory rounds would not work. I let them go because they where heavier loaded than I wanted to carry.

Kahr has good warranty service... you should have sent it to them.

My Pm9 will put every shot (124 HST) on a doorknob sized bull at 15 yards, free hand. That's the shorter barrel pocket version.

On the other hand, I had a CM9 that shoots about 4" low at 7 yards. That won't cut it for me.

But I'm generally very happy with Kahrs. Sorry you got a bad one, but .45 ACP is always a tough one feeding in smaller guns. Even 1911 Officers models have a history of problems. Like with all guns though, some work, and some don't. Too bad.

I have owned several CW9's and one CW45.....never had a stovepipe or any other failure to run with any of the four I have owned. I hate to even bring this up....limp wrist??
Limp wrist is a fair question. I'll admit that the gunsmith at the range had me do some test fires and my form was not perfect. It did fire a couple mags without issue thereafter. That being said, I didn't have limp wrists though. My father in law is pretty good with a handgun and he had some stove pipes also.

Some folks have nothing but problems out of 1911s.

Find a gun that works for you.
That sounds like good advice. Any gun to be used for protection should be shot a lot to make sure it's going to work for them.

I sold a Kahr CW45 a while back and wanted to give that a deal a little breathing room before I posted this. Yes, this post is super long but really it's intended for anyone that might be researching Kahrs. I'm posting this in reviews because this is my experience but I don't mind contrasting viewpoints.

I was 100% honest and forthcoming in that deal that sold mine so I sleep just fine about it. I will also note that apparently some Kahr CW45s perform just fine. It's my understanding that the gunsmith work I paid for should make the one I sold just fine. The problem is that not all of them do.

I loved the Kahr CW45 for it's general form. It was the best small 45 I could find with an acceptable capacity and ease of shooting. It's no 1911 but it felt fine at the range. Many others were far worse in that regard.

The problem... My Kahr CW45 would stove pipe every once in a while. I researched the crap out of the issue and had a gunsmith do a little work on it. They polished the feed ramp and just did minor adjustments to the stock parts. It performed fine after the gunsmith work, but that was with a very well lubricated gun and with perfect stance. The range deemed the gun to be in perfect working order so I asked them for a trade-in value. They took an uncomfortable amount of time to give me a response. They gave me a number but at the same time suggested I try a website called the Outd... LOL. Anyway, I still didn't have confidence with the gun so I sold it (with all details included in the ad).

I understand the importance of firearm maintenance but I have fired a lot of firearms without them being super clean. Many have been fired by new shooters with limp wrists. Almost all still function without issue. That was not the case with my Kahr CW45. Apparently, it has a reputation for being cranky. For me, I just don't have patience for a cranky gun when there are so many forgiving firearms on the market.

Now, I stick with 1911s for 45acp or any number of 9mm handguns for general use.

Some things can't be explained away. I bought a Charter Arms .357 brand new and couldn't get a full cylinder to fire without the gun locking up. I traded it with full disclosure and the guy who got it said he never experienced any problems with it.

Funny thing, I got a Marlin Model 60 in trade for that Charter Arms, I put several hundred rounds through it with zero issues. The guy I sold it to in turn put it up for sale for like $60 or something bc he said he couldn't get through a full tube without it jamming. Go figure.

I've had many Kahr pistols. The CW45 ran like a top. Mine had no issues. I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the CW9. I had an MK9 that I wish I still had. It was a very smooth shooting little 9mm. I've had 2 PM9's and still have a CM9. Sorry you had a bad experience with your .45. IF you want a relatively small, soft shooting .45 you need to check out the S'field XDe 45. Awesome small .45. Softest shooting .45 I've had.

my only kahr was a CW9. gun functioned fine......................I couldn't shoot it worth a dam. that long DA trigger is NOT for me. and the recoil impulse was way TOO MUCH, maybe poor design!? other small 9s never recoiled like that.

Back
Top Bottom