• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Justin Fields vs Jake Fromm

Porter Rockwell

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
93   0
Reaction score
Georgia will have it hands full against LSU. Any of you wish we had Fields under center instead of Fromm? Any of you second guess Kirby’s decision to stick with Fromm and let Fields walk away? Right now that’s doesn’t seem like it was a Smart decision.

Fields couldn't win the job so he cut and ran. Kirby couldn't stop him from leaving anyway. Pulled the punk bitch race card to get his waiver. He can't run a Pro-Style offense. He makes one read and throws to a reciever he stares down or runs the ball. The tiny ten is a small step up from Pop Warner football. He will get massacred in the CFP by any team he faces.

Never happen of course, but I would like to see Fromm and Fields swap teams for this season. Fromm has had to play against MUCH TOUGHER teams than Fields has and the quality of the SEC vs. Big Ten is far from equitable. That's my take on it.

I wish we had Trevor Lawrence...he's the real deal.

Unbiased opinion (I hate GA and OSU), Fields hasn't been tested this season. He's put up good numbers and looks good, but has had a pretty easy walk to the CFP. Fromm isn't at the talent level Fields is, but is battle tested. I think Fields has more of an it factor and can change a game where as Fromm is more of a game manager than can throw the ball pretty decently but misses wide open guys too much to give UGA the chance to compete against high level offenses that the top 3 have this year.

Same was said about lamar jackson and deshawn watson hmmmmmm they'll never make it

I am talking about Justin Fields. What relevance does these two QB's have to this discussion? Justin Fields can't carry Lamar Jackson's or Deshawn Watson's bags and never will because he doesn't have the guts. Watson and Jackson don't play the same type of game. Watson is a pro style QB - the last thing he want's to do is run the ball. Jackson is doing great now but running QBs don't survive in the NFL over the long term. He will have to evolve or he will end up staying in the concussion protocal.

I am talking about Justin Fields. What relevance does these two QB's have to this discussion? Justin Fields can't carry Lamar Jackson's or Deshawn Watson's bags and never will because he doesn't have the guts. Watson and Jackson don't play the same type of game. Watson is a pro style QB - the last thing he want's to do is run the ball. Jackson is doing great now but running QBs don't survive in the NFL over the long term. He will have to evolve or he will end up staying in the concussion protocal.
Neither came from the sec and were dual threat QBs. Lamar Jackson can throw the ball really well too, just gets it done right now by running, basically a running back when running with the ball

Fromm and Fields are both going to play on Sundays. Fromm is a better fit for Georgia’s offense. Fields seems to have a lot higher ceiling, Heisman stuff. Fromm is going to the NFL in a few months and Fields is going to be looking real good right about then.

Neither came from the sec and were dual threat QBs. Lamar Jackson can throw the ball really well too, just gets it done right now by running, basically a running back when running with the ball

I don't dispute that Lamar can throw the ball but that style of play doesn't last in the NFL - both Jackson and Watson played in the ACC which is even softer than the tiny ten. Justin Fields doesn't have the arm talent that either of these guys have. He is the benefactor of superior talent around him and an awesome defense just like Jake Fromm. Nothing more.

Back
Top Bottom