• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Justin Fields transferring (merged)

Fields is a phenomenal athlete and I hop he has a brilliant/ lucrative career. That being said:
D.J. Shockley didn’t leave, he stayed n played = DGD
Arron Murray didn’t leave, he stayed n played= DGD
Same for Sony Michel & Nick Chubb 2 of the best DGD’s.
Fields thinks he’s ready to be the man, and I’m sure he’d shine at OSU.
But if he jumps ship to be the man he never was a DGD.

Fields is a phenomenal athlete and I hop he has a brilliant/ lucrative career. That being said:
D.J. Shockley didn’t leave, he stayed n played = DGD
Arron Murray didn’t leave, he stayed n played= DGD
Same for Sony Michel & Nick Chubb 2 of the best DGD’s.
Fields thinks he’s ready to be the man, and I’m sure he’d shine at OSU.
But if he jumps ship to be the man he never was a DGD.

Nope, but QBs don't want just 1 year to be "the man". Without redshirting that's about the most he could hope for. Fromm has 4 years written all over him. We were very fortunate with Shockley.

When Fields leaves, I will say good bye and good luck. I wish the kid the best, and hope he finds a place to play that suits him. The landscape has changed regarding kids who can transfer. If the current rules were in place, back when so and so was there, well, so and so probably would have taken advance of the rules like Fields is doing. The NFL money is so alluring that these kids want to come in to a university, make an impact on the program, get a lot of accolades, leave in three years and get the money. If they sit the bench for two years, it is difficult to get in position to make an impact on the program, get accolades, and make the money in three years. Frankly, would you do it any differently? What these kids make now in the NFL is generational money. They can set their families up for 3, 4, 5, 10 generations!

Nah, I am going to wish him well, and I will be watching to see how he does at Ohio State, FSU or wherever he lands. Just my opinion, and what do I know?

Truth of the matter is, Fields isn't good enough to take the starting role from Fromm. That means he will sit on the bench at UGA until it's time to come in and play in a mop up role or when Fromm leaves. I can't blame him for leaving, and I'm sure he will go on and start somewhere else. It has to be hard for him to sit on the bench when he sees some of the publicity that Trevor has gotten or Tua was getting. But then again, both of them were good enough to take the starting job unlike himself.

Wish him the best as well, rules were the same last year..... michel and chubb could have been playing on Sunday a year earlier. The argument could be made they stayed in Athens one more year to raise their stock value as well as could be injured and miss the boat completely READ IN AARON MURRAY. It’s my belief they stayed to be part of something special = DGD’s.

Let's remember, Chubb and Michel decided to stay an extra year at UGA, they were not transferring. Don't compare apples to oranges. The rules have changed on transferring and still being able to play the next year. It has been reported that Fields is going to ask for an exemption to be able to play next year. I expect Fields to be playing next year for Ohio State, FSU, somewhere. Maybe as a starter, but maybe not.

Transferring/leaving for the draft/ volunteering for a mission to mars .......the players i mentioned stayed and played as long as they were eligible. If Fields jumps ship tells me he was never truly a Dawg. Putting team before self= DGD

Transferring/leaving for the draft/ volunteering for a mission to mars .......the players i mentioned stayed and played as long as they were eligible. If Fields jumps ship tells me he was never truly a Dawg. Putting team before self= DGD

No problem. Everyone has their own opinion. I guess if any of the Dawgs decide not to play in a bowl game, which, so far everyone seems to be playing, they would not be a true Dawg?
When the amount of money that the players can make in the NFL factors into playing, players have to make a tough decision. Transferring is going to be an on going part of college football.....much as I dislike the rules.

Fields just hasn't looked that great, maybe it's the limited playing time but I'm not sure he's tansitioned to Division 1 level.
My bottom line:
If you're unwilling to play backup,
Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Back
Top Bottom