• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just realized what my biggest depreciating asset is....

I'm glad I bought my land during the last crash...It is now worth more than double what I paid, but I bought it for the long term. In the area I purchased, land increases in value 10x over a 30 year period, historically.

I have yet to find anything that is a bigger waste of money than automobiles. I've always found it amusing when a car salesman makes the statement, "I know it's a big decision. This is the second biggest investment besides your home..." Not only is that false, at least in my case, but I don't even see a car purchase as an investment...If it is an investment, it is a mighty poor one. Let's see, I will sink $50k into this truck and in 20 years it will be worth $5k...Yep, that's what I'll do! LOL...Madness.

I understand the necessity of having a decent car/truck, and the allure of having something nice. I really do. All I'm saying is that it is a piss poor investment if you sink a lot of money into it. Short term or long term. This is especially true for working class folks, like most of us.

If you can afford a nice new truck, you can afford a decent piece of land. Guess which will hold its value.

For any naysayers, real estate has created more wealth, and wealthy people than anything else.

I hope to buy more land in the coming years.

China’s & Russia’s Plan: How to dominate the world.
“Make the entire world believe that cash is not safe, and everyone needs to change into plastic, digital currency. After every nation are out of physical cash, start the cybers attack. Everything will go down, nobody will be able to buy or sale.”

ACTUALLY I’ve red somewhere that Russia already has done a drill on “how to disconnect their internet from the rest of the world”, so they will have connections only inside Russia.

Keep your lands… Houses. Etc

Im pouring everything except a little Im putting in the market to into paying off our house. I figure Im guaranteed the interest that I save.
Of course I realize jobs are plentiful but I am holding onto enough cash to be able to live if one of us happened to lose our job.

I don't even see a car purchase as an investment...If it is an investment, it is a mighty poor one. Let's see, I will sink $50k into this truck and in 20 years it will be worth $5k...Yep, that's what I'll do! LOL...Madness.

I understand the necessity of having a decent car/truck... If you can afford a nice new truck, you can afford a decent piece of land. Guess which will hold its value.

I save money by buying an economy car, not a truck!
But I can pretend it's a truck when I have to haul things!
A77B9BF6-0180-42EE-927B-DBDB85C3E737.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom