• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just picked up a Skyline R33 GTR Vspec

With my three sons, I completed many SR and RB engine swaps back in 2001 thru 2005. Today, I would talk to John or Daniel at Z1 Motorsports in Carrollton. While they specailze in most things "Z" related, they are familiar with and tune all Nissan and Infiniti models.

https://www.z1motorsports.com/

Drove past them daily for years... always had neat things sitting out in plain sight

Update as of yesterday afternoon at 2:00pm.
Driving back from Tampa and deciding to say the heck with having a transport company haul this thing back to the Atlanta area, I decided to drive the car back (Not Rag the darn thing) at a steady pace to ensure "mechanical soundness" in my purchase. What's the worst that could happen on stock twin turbo units anyways right!? Well, I quickly found out the hard way that even running the factory stock boost levels and not even doing a single pull that the stock ceramic turbine wheels are definitely the weak link on the car. Notice l, I stated not even a single pull. No, I didn't overboost the car, didn't roll on the throttle too hard (let alone at all even once for that matter except once during the initial test drive and it wasn't even a 2nd or 3rd gear pull to redline, didn't launch the vehicle, etc, etc. Needless to say I contacted Defend Garage In Japan and was pleasantly greeted with the utmost concern regarding this most recent acquisition of mine from them. Long story short... Found coolant leak dripping from the underside of the car. Further inspection found about an hour ago as I'm told, that the Water jackets in cylinders 2 and 3 are both cracked. I was expecting this to eventually happen way down the road before I even had a chance to build this car up. However, I'm most glad that I had budgeted for a top tier build and chose this platform to have a killer forced induction setup. Anyways, my wife had luckily taken pictures of coolant leak and shards from the ceramic turbine wheels that somehow managed to make there way into the oil return feed line and trash my engine.

With all that said, I didn't want to post my first picture of this unicorn sitting broken down. But... As promised I will attempt to upload and deliver some pics or a journal timeline kind of entry style for all interested readers. This might just be a different revolving journey for not only myself, however, all whom are ready this post and staying updated on its progress. Stay tuned folks.

Back
Top Bottom