• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just ordered 184 cans of Chunky soup and 48 packs of crackers.

Yeah, I have seen it that way in the old days, but don't know where you could find it now.
Maybe using a different process now?
I have seen packaged cheese get moldy in the fridge before the expiration date.
You can probably buy whole wheels of cheese still sealed in wax at Whole Food, but it wouldn't be cheap. I imagine there are different factors effecting shelf life, like moisture content. I've had cheese (I think it was usually Sargento) get moldy in the fridge before the expiration date. That was annoying.

just got home from a Walmart/liquor store/gas station run. Things are shaping up nicely. Tomorrow will be another Publix run.
Speaking of gas, I’m one of those guys that as soon as anything weird hits the news, I top off the vehicles and generator gas cans and keep them full. Now’s a good time with gas @$2.00/gal. I also keep multiple prepaid gas cards from different companies and a couple $50 bills stashed in each vehicle.

just got home from a Walmart/liquor store/gas station run. Things are shaping up nicely. Tomorrow will be another Publix run.
Speaking of gas, I’m one of those guys that as soon as anything weird hits the news, I top off the vehicles and generator gas cans and keep them full. Now’s a good time with gas @$2.00/gal. I also keep multiple prepaid gas cards from different companies and a couple $50 bills stashed in each vehicle.
I recall filling my old 95 Explorer and my buddy's Mazda truck along with several cans on Gray Hwy on the first day of the Katrina debacle. They were changing the prices on the sign while we were filling up. And as you all know it got WAY worse before it got better.

That's why I still want one vehicle that runs on diesel . I really don't want a VW since I've worked at a VW/Audi shop as well as owning 2 Jettas years ago. But I would take a TDI wagon or Beetle at the right price. Then it's just a matter of getting the supplies together for making biodiesel.

Back
Top Bottom