• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just ordered 184 cans of Chunky soup and 48 packs of crackers.

yep the salt is a preservative. Salt is also an essential mineral. We must have it. Mass quantities are not good, of course, but we all need a little salt. In the Roman days many of the soldiers were paid in salt. It is that essential.

I believe the virus is a bad thing, and could be a potential disaster, but I believe people panicking are a much greater threat. Take precautions, stock what we can, and beyond that don't worry ourselves. That's my take on it. I can do no more, and should not wish to do less. None of us get out of this world alive.
Yep. The Roman solder was also issued cheese. It's shelf stable and nutritious. Salt is not one of my considerations in a SHTF situation, but long term food storage is. I can go back to my heart healthy diet when the thing is over. :)

Yep. The Roman solder was also issued cheese. It's shelf stable and nutritious. Salt is not one of my considerations in a SHTF situation, but long term food storage is. I can go back to my heart healthy diet when the thing is over. :)

I have a lot of salt stored away. It is a good barter item, or give away to some hard case in need. It is a good thing to have if the SHTF. Same with liquor. I don't even drink, but I have some hard liquor stored away for barter or medicinal purposes.

I have a lot of salt stored away. It is a good barter item, or give away to some hard case in need. It is a good thing to have if the SHTF. Same with liquor. I don't even drink, but I have some hard liquor stored away for barter or medicinal purposes.
Yep. A 12 year Glenlivet is a necessity to have on hand for medicinal purposes. :D

yep the salt is a preservative. Salt is also an essential mineral. We must have it. Mass quantities are not good, of course, but we all need a little salt. In the Roman days many of the soldiers were paid in salt. It is that essential.
For those watching it, it can be hard to find the limits. Took me a while find.
For a 2000 cal diet RDA is 2400mg.
General guideline is 2000mg. This makes it easy to judge foods - sodium = cals is dividing line.
Heart Association guide is 1400-1800mg.
Minimum you must have for heart function is 700mg.
These numbers all average over time.

Spent 5 years tracking this.
:focus:

I know everyone has seen apocalypse movies about all sorts of disasters.
I saw one on Prime recently, can't remember name, but has some similarities with the present situation.
I think it was an EMP. People just started dying off from starvation, but point was after a few weeks, survivors food supply was pretty much gone. Power grid went down, and of course water stopped running. Then of course the usual bad guys killing for what food was left.
EDIT: Found the name: E.M.P. 333 Days

I have a water supply and some food, guns, ammo. However power is a real problem.

I have a dual fuel generator that runs on propane or gas. I have never used it. Been sitting in the garage for several years. Thought I had better check it and now the problem is that I cannot get it to stay running on either fuel. Starts fine, runs about 30 seconds and then dies. Running out of fuel so I assume has something to do with carb. Guess I need to find someone that knows something about this type of system because I am not familiar with it.
And yes, I read the directions, made sure everything is switched correctly.
Seafoam dripped into carb as it is running. Works wonders. Add some to fuel also.

All that is fine but you only need one thing:

beer-fridge-1-e1333134059399.jpg
beer-fridge-1-e1333134059399.jpg

Back
Top Bottom