• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just in from Biden on gun control

My take on Biden's April 2021 gun control "by executive order" announcement:

1-- 80% complete "ghost gun" kits? I really couldn't care less. As long as people who bought these kits can either keep them and use them for their own personal use, OR sell them to the gov't at pre-COVID, pre-BIDEN fair market value prices. Because this should be morally treated as a public-benefit "taking" of private property, even if the Courts have not said so yet.

I was into guns and shooting for 40 years before companies started exploiting that loophole in federal law and producing what they call 80% finished gun frame / receiver kits. (Some of them I think are really 90+ or more complete). Having lived so many years without such products being sold anonymously to anybody, no questions asked, I'm not going to cry if the loophole is closed and such products become unavailable again.

2-- Arm Braces might turn a "pistol" into an SBR? Well, duh. That's a no-brainer. Nobody except maybe one handicapped veteran back in 2002 has ever used an "arm brace" for that purpose. They're really shoulder stocks and we all know it and we all have them EXACTLY for that feature.
So, again, this "loophole in federal law" was unknown for most of my lifetime, and while it's been fun to see it discovered and widely exploited in the last several years, I'm not really concerned about the feds closing that loophole and telling people to buy the NFA stamp or keep the gun in a true pistol configuration. But, HOW they ban them and what happens to all the hundreds of thousands of arm braces that are out there already DOES MATTER TO ME. The new law needs to have a grandfather clause OR an amnesty period combined with a "buy back" for fair market value compensation.

3- Federal model of "red flag" laws that states MAY adopt, but are not required to adopt as their own?
No big deal. The feds can suggest what they want; states don't have to pass legislation on this topic at all, and they don't have to follow the federally-suggested language. As to the specifics of a red flag law, we have no idea what it will look like. Will some right-wing gun nut hypothetical person get red-flagged and have the SWAT team raid his home and carry-away his gun collection for saying "I want to Kill Biden, Harris, and Pelosi, and I'll gladly help carry Emperor Trump back to the White House (may it stay forever white) on a golden throne." ?
Will some random dude, a middle level manager at an office, get red-flagged for making a crude sexual joke with the hot secretary, saying something about how he's got a big gun in his pants and she ought to try holstering that long barrel?
The exact wording of a Red Flag law will matter a lot, as will the amount of discretion of whatever judge or board or tribunal that decides to approve a red flag action that disarms some citzen.
Loopholes that shouldn’t be there in the first place. I don’t condone any of it. Give them an inch they’ll take a mile.

There was no Waco shoot-out, or siege.
That was a staged stunt by the government and the Build-a-Burgers to help ban guns and make America safer for the New World Order.
The scenes you saw on TV were shot by Hollywood film crews, sworn to secrecy, and using crisis actors and the families of federal agents as extras. It was filmed in a secret location on leased farmland, and later they killed the farmer in an arranged "combine accident" to keep him quiet about the scam.

It's all proven, with a series of documentary videos on YouTube. Hold on, I'll go find the lynx...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5a0jTc9S10

THERE IT IS. WATCH AND BE PREPARED TO LEARN FACTS YOU NEVER KNEW!

You are a bad person. Very, very bad person.

I remember in 1964 my preWWII-WWII - Korea-Eniwetok-Vietnam service dad ordered a Mauser in the mail and received it by USPS. He opened it up and looked at it and saw that it wasn't the German Mauser he'd so wanted to pick up during the war. Decades later, I found his Mauser - a 1936 pre-Nazi Mauser Oberndorf made pristine laminated K-98 with every part big enough to stamp a number on all matching. It's in my safe now and I consider it his. Will never sell it...

Back
Top Bottom