• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just in from Biden on gun control

I sure don't remember this happening.

EyaG5KXXMAcOuZ-.jpg

I'm not sure that "serializing" has much to do with 'grandfathering." IIRC, back during the 94-04 AWB magazines over 10 rounds were prohibited, but those that owned them were grandfathered and they aren't serialized.

Yeah, and I'm not aware of any "cheating" that went on during the 1994-2004 period, where people, or businesses, would make new mags that looked old and lacked the mandated "LEO only" markings.
I doubt any business would continue making arm braces and sell them to the public after the ban, so even without a S/N there just wouldn't be any available on the market, except the older ones that really were grandfathered-in.

BUT, if it came right down to brass tacks, the feds COULD probably write-in a grandfather clause that said you can keep the mags you own if, and only if, you present them to an FFL or police station where your mags would get stamped or engraved with the word "Grandfathered" and an alphanumeric code that contains the date and location it was inspected/ stamped. As of the effective date of the new high-cap magazine ban (and the expiry of any amnesty period), if you're found with unmarked magazines that hold over 10 rounds, you've broken the law. Possession of contraband.

BUT, if it came right down to brass tacks, the feds COULD probably write-in a grandfather clause that said you can keep the mags you own if, and only if, you present them to an FFL or police station where your mags would get stamped or engraved with the word "Grandfathered" and an alphanumeric code that contains the date and location it was inspected/ stamped. As of the effective date of the new high-cap magazine ban (and the expiry of any amnesty period), if you're found with unmarked magazines that hold over 10 rounds, you've broken the law. Possession of contraband.

I don't remember one being brought down, but there were 'reports' that one was fired upon. Calber of weapon was not determined..

My memory is fuzzy too, but the Davidians DID have .50 calibers, and they did have hand grenades, and a crapton of semi-auto rifles and pistols and combat shotguns, and they did shoot (back?) and kill federal agents and riddle their vehicles with bullet holes...

.. so if the ATF guy has exaggerated the number of guns they had or how many helicopters were "shot down" (could simply be an expedited landing due to damage-- not literally a crash) that's not a big lie.
Not like "if you like your doctor and current health coverage, you can keep them."

I wouldn't be 'presenting' anything to the government for marking. I just wouldn't comply. Fortunately, I kept good records through the years and can prove by order/receipt where my large capacity mags came from.

Back
Top Bottom