• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just an old man opinion During these trying times...

I can remember when I didn't have enough money to get by and was paying my son's mother money that I didn't have and she didn't need. I felt guilty for eating my kid's fish sticks. I did have a few assembled AR lowers that I was able to sell for double the price back in 2012 after Sandy Hook. Does that make me a bad person?
According to some our most learned scholars here on free market economics? They'd classify you as scum. And sorry to hear your guilty thoughts about eating your own fish sticks. That's a bull**** sign the system has been rigged 100% in favor of women by beta males in the legislature and judiciary.

I'm gonna say it loud for the people in the back

THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS PRICE GOUGING ON GUNS AND AMMO.

There's a high demand on certain things right now, therefore those things are worth more than they were last month. It's not rocket science, and no, we don't need anyone trying to control the market thinking they know what someone else's stuff is worth.
Thumbs up. Its only price gouging if you choose to buy it. Anyone at any time can choose to buy or sell anything at any price. If youre choosing to buy a certain gun right now, and you cannot possibly wait any longer, youre gonna pay.

Meanwhile im just laughin at all the fools lining up to buy $600 Tauruses and try to find ammo while im buyin reloading and cleaning stuff... and 12ga shells...

So which one of you are going to offer more than the asking price when all this panic bought supplies flood the market and drive prices down when this is over and back to “normal”. I bet no one. The market is what the market is. IT’S A FREE MARKET, CAPITALISTIC SIGHT. I just happened to be in the market for my first AR in the last month. I had a price I was willing to pay, certain things I was looking for on the firearm, and after a couple of weeks found what I was looking for. Negotiated what I felt was a good deal for both of us and happily own my first AR. Sure, I saw outrageous prices, but did my due diligence and found what I wanted. The next weekend I saw another item that interested me that the seller was offering at 1/4 of what every other sight was currently asking and bought it. Do you think I told him I’d pay twice the asking because I felt bad? Nope. Like I said, the market is what the market is. Buyer beware. Just because you wouldn’t pay $50 for an item that someone else buys for $500 doesn’t mean you’re right and they’re wrong. One mans trash is another mans treasure. Now, hopefully I won’t fall as I climb off my soap box.

So which one of you are going to offer more than the asking price when all this panic bought supplies flood the market and drive prices down when this is over and back to “normal”. I bet no one. The market is what the market is. IT’S A FREE MARKET, CAPITALISTIC SIGHT. I just happened to be in the market for my first AR in the last month. I had a price I was willing to pay, certain things I was looking for on the firearm, and after a couple of weeks found what I was looking for. Negotiated what I felt was a good deal for both of us and happily own my first AR. Sure, I saw outrageous prices, but did my due diligence and found what I wanted. The next weekend I saw another item that interested me that the seller was offering at 1/4 of what every other sight was currently asking and bought it. Do you think I told him I’d pay twice the asking because I felt bad? Nope. Like I said, the market is what the market is. Buyer beware. Just because you wouldn’t pay $50 for an item that someone else buys for $500 doesn’t mean you’re right and they’re wrong. One mans trash is another mans treasure. Now, hopefully I won’t fall as I climb off my soap box.
Ive found that if you go looking for a certain thing, you're gonna pay too much. Let it come to you.

Screenshot_20200427-071334_Samsung Internet.jpg
Are you feeling well?

Back
Top Bottom