• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just an old man opinion During these trying times...

Take n95 masks. They are available in quantity. The 2 main online reseller outlets stopped all sales because of "gouger" complaints.

Now nobody can obtain them.

A much better solution would be to let the market determine the price instead of letting those who are upset that someone is making money delivering a product that is in demand stop all sales.

One way the masks are available, the other way no masks

Ammo is no different , except it is way down the list of crucial products.

My observation lately on this site with gouging Profiteers is disgusting! During normal times I simply choose not to deal with this Crap..But when so much Disseminating gloom and doom, treading in waters our Country has never seen..The last thing I care to see, is those that are so desperate, that others take advantage of it..Thomas you and your Mod Squad should have a task force that alerts those that want to capitalize on those that are desperate..The times we are having right now, we all need to pull together..During these desperate times, Greed needs to be addressed..Normally I just don't pay attention but some of the crap on this site, but this needs to be addressed..You are the police,,, should you not protect those that need help? I have been on here for a while, Please I implore you slap some pricks that wish to do this..I would think in times of desperation you Thomas and the Mods step up set guide lines....I understand the Mods can't take the Raine's on this without your leadership.And after this Emergency is over let the fools do what they want. Just my thoughts...

I've always respected your point of view and have considered you one of the note worthy contributors to the ODT but please excuse me for being a little confused. You reference gouging especially on ODT and people being desperate being taken advantage of. Are you saying people are desperate for nonessentials like guns, ammo, accessories etc.....? and if so who is makinging the determination on who is "desperate". When does it become the responsibility, for example, of the guy with 2 glocks and a half box of ammo to make sure they aren't in that desperate posistion especially when ammo has been in the dumps and at cheap prices for years until lately. I guess I'm more confused for the plea for mods to "police" a free market and self determine what price someone should sell something for especially on nonessentials. Food, water, meds..etc. I get it. Not to offend at all but are you really aware of what type of metality you are suggesting? Thanks.

Why would the owner of a trading site allow the mods, most of whom probably have little to no understanding of the primary and secondary gun markets, to regulate pricing? That would be incredibly stupid. Wasn't the "foreign builds" thread fiasco enough? Why drive off more members? You bitch and piss and moan about "craigsfacers" coming onto the site but you want to run off more established members with good feedback? All because you lot get a case of baboon ass over what someone else asks for their stuff?

I've always respected your point of view and have considered you one of the note worthy contributors to the ODT but please excuse me for being a little confused. You reference gouging especially on ODT and people being desperate being taken advantage of. Are you saying people are desperate for nonessentials like guns, ammo, accessories etc.....? and if so who is makinging the determination on who is "desperate". When does it become the responsibility, for example, of the guy with 2 glocks and a half box of ammo to make sure they aren't in that desperate posistion especially when ammo has been in the dumps and at cheap prices for years until lately. I guess I'm more confused for the plea for mods to "police" a free market and self determine what price someone should sell something for especially on nonessentials. Food, water, meds..etc. I get it. Not to offend at all but are you really aware of what type of mentality you are suggesting? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I could give a tinkers damn about Non Essentials, The buyer can do what ever they want. My only concern is those trying to take advantage of emergency items during that which all a facing now..As far as the rest like water off a Ducks back..

Back
Top Bottom