• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just a thought from an old guy

It's always a dilemma when you own one or two guns in a very popular style, and one that you love and the price rises to double from what you paid, and you want to sell one or both to realize a good profit. But consider where that will leave you -- in a period of high demand for such weapons you will have none ( or you will only have half as many as you did before if you sell one out the two).

Maybe what makes more sense, if you're going to speculate in weapons futures,
is do it big time by buying many of the sane model guns --ones that you don't particularly care for but you know will appreciate in value tremendously--
and then when the price is right start selling them until you go through all of 'em!

Keep your personal weapons that you love and have spent a lot of time training with off the auction block. Hold what you've bought for your personal use and only sell the things that you bought specifically to resell later.

(But, under federal law this would require you to have an FFL).

It's great advice! I'd add don't be reluctant to store rounds and if at all possible learn to reload. There have been lengthy stretches where ammunition gets tough to locate and expensive if you can find it at all. I've been teaching my youngest, age 23, to reload recently.

Very good advice ,Sir. You need another son in law? But Seriously, if I had every Colt AR and RPB Open Bolt semi pistols that I ever owned in one pile right now, not to mention the Pythons,HKs and the Freakin Valmet 223 I owned, Id have a woody you couldnt beat down with a Go Devil.

Back
Top Bottom