• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Jury nullification and 2A rights

I sat on a federal case where the judge's instructions to us jurors were "you will decide whether the defendant is guilty or innocent of the charges and I will judge the law."

I did not bring up jury nullification then. After we retired to decide the case it was pointless.

It was an illegal with meth. He tried to say he thought the bag had a cellphone in it but they were meeting a guy to sell him a "cellphone" in a storage unit operated by narcotics division.

spent a whole quarter on the Grand Jury in Clayton County ...

There were several of us on the Grand Jury when I served who did not believe that just because charges had been brought that there was automatically enough evidence to send the matter to Trial--The ADA's presenting cases to the Grand Jury used to HATE to see me raise my hand to ask a question during a Presentment, as it would become very obvious very quickly if they had not done a thorough job of preparing their Case...

I did Grand Jury in DeKalb, I actually kind of enjoyed the experience aside from losing faith in my neighbors...

One interesting thing I saw there was the transition of anti-gun jurors to ones who wished some of the victims had a way to defend themselves.

Back
Top Bottom