• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Jury nullification and 2A rights

Fact of the video... in the 20's about 60% of the alcohol possession charges were nullified by the jury.

If you're into podcasts he's also the host of 'This Week in Guns'.

I just wear a shirt that says jury nullification in big letters to jury selection. Never been picked for some reason...

Why would you want to not serve on a jury?

Jury service is the one way a citizen can insure that his or her political views have DIRECT impact. When you beg off you are turning the system over to the welfare staters who have nothing better to do.

I can remember back in the day when professionals and business owners could automatically get off jury duty. Being as they were the people with the most money, they tended to get sued a lot and lose a lot of cases - then bitch about the ignorant jurors that didn't understand how businesses were run.

After we the jury had found the defendant NOT GUILTY of a DUI charge, the judge came in and questioned us as to how we came about our verdict. He told us some stuff about the defendant that did not come out in trial. I asked the judge, if you swear in all the witnesses and they swear to tell the truth, the whole truth...and this information is withheld from us INTENTIONALLY, what do you expect! He thanks us for serving and abruptly left the room.

After we the jury had found the defendant NOT GUILTY of a DUI charge, the judge came in and questioned us as to how we came about our verdict. He told us some stuff about the defendant that did not come out in trial. I asked the judge, if you swear in all the witnesses and they swear to tell the truth, the whole truth...and this information is withheld from us INTENTIONALLY, what do you expect! He thanks us for serving and abruptly left the room.

Must have been a friend or relative of his.

So are you saying that despite being innocent of the charges brought against him, you would have voted to convict him if you had known his history?

Maybe there's a reason for that rule.

Why would you want to not serve on a jury?

Jury service is the one way a citizen can insure that his or her political views have DIRECT impact. When you beg off you are turning the system over to the welfare staters who have nothing better to do.

I can remember back in the day when professionals and business owners could automatically get off jury duty. Being as they were the people with the most money, they tended to get sued a lot and lose a lot of cases - then ***** about the ignorant jurors that didn't understand how businesses were run.

I stopped believing in the myth of informed jury public service with the OJ jury verdict. Case closed.

Back
Top Bottom