Jumpin' in head first

Ronaldo Crespin

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
34   0
Reaction score
I traded for this Diamond IE compound last night and I've already dropped half a C-note on it. Waxed up the string and cables real good, installed a tru-ball solid d-loop, got some Easton stalker aluminum arrows with stay tight field tips and did some tuning up on the various parts. My left, arthritic shoulder is aching after only about a dozen shots at #45 draw weight but it's an acceptable pain. I also had to replace the tubing on the peep sight because of dry rot (it's a 2013 model). And, because it's an IE, it was a snap to adjust the draw length (26.5" apx.) to accommodate my short, stubby arms.

I am ready to go and kill some colorful circles!

I just found out that my paint can hooks work really good for a bow hanger.

Last edited:
Nice setup. Now practice. When you think you have practiced enough, practice more. Archery is a different animal and to do it right and humanely, you MUST know where your arrow will hit. Good luck and enjoy. If you do it right you will be addicted quick like.

I am curious. Is the five arrow quiver the most common? The reason I ask is because, all of the field tip packs were in quantities of six, so I bought six arrows to match that. But, now I have an odd arrow out because of my five arrow quiver.

And, I really like the o-ring field tips. At work, when I shoot in the small range that we have, I am always having to re-tighten the field tips on our practice arrows. The only thing that I don't like about the stay-tight tips is that the 0-rings tear very easily so I have to remember that when I screw them in, just leave them that way.

It's really cool that with the tru-nok, when I nock an arrow, it automatically straightens the nocking loop for a perfect hook-up.

Last edited:
Nice setup you got there.
Apply bowstring wax to the threaded portion of your field points before installing them and they will not loosen up near as often when you shoot. Also, take the tubing off of the peep sight and tune the aperture of the peep so that it is aligned with the Tru Nock. Do this and you will not regret it. When you nock an arrow the peep and Tru Nock will be lined up already. No more accidental face slaps or eye pokes from the peep sight tubing when it breaks. That crap hurts.
Quivers are sold in many configurations. 3,4,5,etc. it's all based on how many you want to carry. Enjoy!

I decided that I didn't like being restricted to five arrows and I felt like the quiver got in my way. As I am not currently interested in hunting, I felt like this would be better for me. I've got 18 in this quiver, and my bow is lighter and easier to move around with.

DSCF0545.JPG

My sight wouldn't adjust to the right anymore so I replaced it with a basic TruGlo. Its not an expensive model but it will serve my needs. While I was browsing around, scanning prices at the Academy Sports I came across an excellent drop-away rest. After a couple of YouTube vids I finally got the rest squared away and I think I like it.

DSCF0546.JPG
DSCF0547.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom