• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

John Wayne movie "The Undefeated"

Deleted member 79987

Default rank 5000+ posts
Good enough for government work
79   0
Reaction score

Love the opening dialogue between John Wayne and the Confederate commanding officer:

"I don't think you understand Major. The war is over."
"No sir."
"Are you telling me you intend to keep fighting?"
"Haven't we just proven it sir?"
"But why?"
"Because this is our land. And you're on it."
"But we're all Americans..."
"Yes sir. That's always been the saddest part of it."

The Undefeated is a 1969 American Western and Civil War era film directed by Andrew V. McLaglen and John Wayne (uncredited) and starring John Wayne and Rock Hudson. The film portrays events surrounding the French Imperial intervention in Mexico during the 1860s period of the neighboring American Civil War with the Archduke Maximillian of Austria set up as Emperor in Mexico in 1863 by French Emperor Napoleon III and is also loosely based on Confederate States Army General Joseph Orville Shelby's factual escape to Mexico after the American Civil War (1861-1865). and his attempt to join with Maximilian's Imperial Mexican forces supported by French Imperial regiments sent by Emperor Napoleon III from Europe. After the Civil War, ex-Confederate soldiers heading for a new life in Mexico run into ex-Union cavalrymen selling horses to the Mexican government but they must join forces to fight off Mexican bandits and revolutionaries.

4.bp.blogspot.com__aXEAtFojHzs_VJbI3ozChvI_AAAAAAAAAB8_gaYEf3Y4eeb8884e2b4a5e05738b51b82377df5.png

"Are you telling me you intend to keep fighting?"

"Haven't we just proven it sir?"

"But why?"

"Because this is our land. And you're on it."

Yeah, this one and The Horse Soldiers are good. Maybe better if Hudson wasn't in it. JMO.

Exactly..Hudson's ridiculously fake accent makes a true southerner want to puke..ruins the entire movie.
I am a native of Georgia and have been allover the south, I have NEVER heard ANYONE speak like that..it is an affront to native southerners and downright offensive....only John Wayne movie I will NOT watch...

Exactly..Hudson's ridiculously fake accent makes a true southerner want to puke..ruins the entire movie.
I am a native of Georgia and have been allover the south, I have NEVER heard ANYONE speak like that..it is an affront to native southerners and downright offensive....only John Wayne movie I will NOT watch...
I agree completely about Rock Hudson. I also did not care for his personal lifestyle choices/decisions, although I doubt very much if he gave a rat's ass about what I think. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom