• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Japanese Mini-Truck

Id rather spend that kind money one on of these vs an ATV as I believe for what I need around the house it makes more sense. Just not sure of the pitfalls/etc. I can fix 80% of things something like this provided I can get parts.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

I promise you can fix 100% of things on something like this. But mid early 1990s Hondas suck to work on in my opinion. Add in mid engine and it probably sucks more. Given that odds of needing to work on it is slim to none and now you have to beat me to it lol. But remember with something like this that its old and an axel seal could put you down for 3 months waiting for parts. Or even permanently depending on the part that breaks. Again I doubt much breaks on these.

Update on this is that I "ordered" one from auctionaddict auctionaddict who was so nice to take my call on a Saturday and walk me through all the options and pros/cons of these trucks. He has imported hundreds (actually, probably thousands) of these trucks over the years and really knew his stuff. He is also not far from me in Blue Ridge. I had him earmark me one for me that he is currently working on, though it may take a little while before I am able to pick it up. He's been a member here for 7 years so that's always a plus as well. If you guys are interested in buying one of these trucks, you definitely need to check him out. Super nice guy and is an expert on these little guys.

PXL_20201109_170643911 (1).jpg

Picked mine up today from auctionaddict auctionaddict . Excellent experience purchasing from Nat. Walked me though everything I needed to know and provided me with an awesome vehicle. Got it home today and ran around the property and out on some backroads, such a capable "tool." Could not be more pleased. I will have some more pics later on when I get some time but if you are interested in these trucks, definitely shoot auctionaddict auctionaddict a PM, he knows his stuff and will absolutely take care of you. Great guy and great ODT'er.

They are awesome little trucks. I bought a Mitsubishi around 2003 or so and kept it for 10 or 12 years. We found some ATV wheels with the correct bolt pattern and acceptable backspace and put aggressive 4 wheeler tires on it. We were never able to get it stuck.

Once the boys outgrew sitting side by side in the passengers seat we built a covered enclosure for the back. It was a wood frame with a wooden bow top and a cut down military canvas roof. It had a bench seat down each side of the bed. The sides were wrapped in heavy fish net (think 1/4" rope with a 2"x2" opening) and the back gate folded down to make a ramp for the dogs. I'll see if I can dig up a couple of pics. It was an absolute blast!

auctionaddict auctionaddict thanks again so much. No doubt, this is one of the best purchases I have ever made. Ive used it every day nearly, for nearly everything. Ive used over a quarter of a tank which by my calculations means over 100 miles already!

Ive hauled a few thousand pounds of wood....
PXL_20201111_223249648.jpg

Ive taken the boy's to the post office and dump...
PXL_20201110_144646187.jpg

Ive put up 4 tripod feeders in one haul...
PXL_20201119_223657810.jpg

And carried 800 lbs of corn....
PXL_20201121_155400299.jpg

I would not have been nearly as satisfied with a side by side. These trucks are the way to go. As small as they are, you soon realize just how big the bed is, its much larger than you would imagine. I can fit two pallets flat and side by side with no problem. These are the ultimate work trucks. :thumb::thumb:

Back
Top Bottom