• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ivy in the trees, how to kill the stuff???

It’s called gurgling. I paid a tree guy and he cut a 2 foot wide separation from the roots up my big oak. He was very skilled and barely broke the bark but those vines are much more substantial closer and deeper than you think. Just cutting the big vines won’t do the job. I’m not a big fan of chemicals so I never tried that.

Kudzu is the stuff I’d love to know how to kill.

I pull that stuff out every winter including all the crown roots and that stuff always manages to come back laughing as it encompasses my trees in the sun.
I could keep it down if I got out there every couple days and cut it back but as soon as I forget about it it’s back.

Whenever possible, drill a diagonal hole into the stem, and fill with Roundup concentrate from a syringe. Buh-bye.

If you have a hypodermic, you can inject it into non-woody stems, too. Very, very effective on large kudzu.

Kudzu is the stuff I’d love to know how to kill.

I pull that stuff out every winter including all the crown roots and that stuff always manages to come back laughing as it encompasses my trees in the sun.
I could keep it down if I got out there every couple days and cut it back but as soon as I forget about it it’s back.

I've seen Kudzu roots 5' down when having a basement dug. Kudzu is a continuous losing battle. Ive is another story, Like has already been said, I cut it at ground level and spray the fresh cuts with roundup......I have to do this every other year too.

I've seen Kudzu roots 5' down when having a basement dug. Kudzu is a continuous losing battle. Ive is another story, Like has already been said, I cut it at ground level and spray the fresh cuts with roundup......I have to do this every other year too.

Yep Kudzu is devil.
Love to kick in the balls the moron who thought it would be a great idea to import that crap here for erosion control.

Along with the morons who brought the chestnut blight with them.

Back
Top Bottom