• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Its is Wednesday Night, and It's Time for a Price Rant...

Why the hell do I need a $2000 1911? That ****s gonna sit on a shelf, give me a beater ria 1911. I'll actually use it.
I'm not saying it's a need, but it's nice to have if you're into them. Same as a Timex vs. Omega. Both tell the time. Ironically the most accurate one is cheaper, but the omega is hand made and will last multiple lifetimes.
I use to think this way as well. And then one day I realized that if I ever had to use that 2k 1911 that I would lose it to the popo for awhile and possibly never get it back. So cheap reliable guns are good and expensive ones are as well.
if that happens just go home, open your safe, and take out another one?

I took a coworker shooting. He had a literal backpack full of glocks. Like every size 9mm they make, 26, 19, 17, 34. All pretty much the same gun, slightly different sizes. I took out my Les Baer TRS. He said "hey we work together, how can you afford a les baer?" I said it's because I don't have a backpack full of glocks.

I have a few that I paid around $300, back in the 70-80-90's but dern thangs are over 1-2K nowadays, where does that out me in the poor gun class?

I'm not saying it's a need, but it's nice to have if you're into them. Same as a Timex vs. Omega. Both tell the time. Ironically the most accurate one is cheaper, but the omega is hand made and will last multiple lifetimes.

if that happens just go home, open your safe, and take out another one?

I took a coworker shooting. He had a literal backpack full of glocks. Like every size 9mm they make, 26, 19, 17, 34. All pretty much the same gun, slightly different sizes. I took out my Les Baer TRS. He said "hey we work together, how can you afford a les baer?" I said it's because I don't have a backpack full of glocks.
Yeah , I like glocks, but I traded my Glock 45 and a Ruger Sr22 for a nice Stainless Springfield 1911. Not a Les Baer. But really like it.. Nothing like a .45 1911

Attachments

• DC56370C-A647-46A4-88A9-435243E67782.jpeg
    DC56370C-A647-46A4-88A9-435243E67782.jpeg
    327.3 KB · Views: 10
As more and more kids come of age, they are going to want the guns they saw on TV, movies, and videogames.
With laws, regulations, and limits to enter the firearm industry we can only hope things change.

Yeah , I like glocks, but I traded my Glock 45 and a Ruger Sr22 for a nice Stainless Springfield 1911. Not a Les Baer. But really like it.. Nothing like a .45 1911
I have this same beautiful Springfield 1911, but in 9mm... It is such a nice gun!!!

Back
Top Bottom