• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

It's a shame...

Two of the guns on my want list have come up available on here recently...It's a shame the owners wanted detailed private info on their bills of sales. I passed on each good deal solely on that requirement. I just wont do it. Anything else you guys find a shame? Maybe the auction minded newbies? Tell me about it...
Bill of sales don’t bug me so long as they reciprocate and the information is reasonable. I’m not giving my date of birth, home address, social, or any garbage like that. Last bill of sale I was asked for I simply provided my business card to the guy and when he saw I was LE, he waived the rest. Some folks just want to know they are not giving him an axe murderer a New axe. But if I agree to a bill of sale, it goes both ways, with both sets of information....if it’s a one way street it ain’t happening. I have passed on a few deals because I felt the volume of information someone wanted to receive was a risk to me.

Two of the guns on my want list have come up available on here recently...It's a shame the owners wanted detailed private info on their bills of sales. I passed on each good deal solely on that requirement. I just wont do it. Anything else you guys find a shame? Maybe the auction minded newbies? Tell me about it...

Agreed. Anytime a BOS is mentioned, I pass regardless if its something I have wanted for a long time or not. If you are NOT an FFL, you will get none of my Pii for your safe keeping in your shoe-box of BOS's somewhere.

I don't mind showing a carry license and a matching driver license, I don't mind a BOS, but no copies, or photographs. I require looking at the same, that's just me.

Have treated all as a business transaction, cash in one hand, permit in the other. Nobody has grabbed the permit yet. Usually get a thanks.Fine to look at but if the other hand grabs the permit, cash goes back in the pocket.

Back
Top Bottom