• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

It's a shame...

Bills of Sale is just a habit I fell into dealing on other sites like armslist. I never ask for SS numbers, only GADL info, full name, and a quick picture. I get my forms copied from the atf website. It does seem easier to track someone down in a sketchy situation using this site, but ive used 2 here so far. One as buyer, and one as seller. The one I did as a buyer was the very first transaction I made on this site, and I dont have a carry permit yet, so I didn't argue...

All you can do is try to negotiate a Non-BOS transaction based on your previous feedback record.
Seller's got to realize he is really narrowing down his potential customer field by requiring a BOS

I think a lot of Seller don't realize how much it cuts down on their potential market.

They "read it on the internet" that you need a BOS to protect yourself, your family, your assets, children yet unborn.

Every time one of the junior G-men lists all the reasons one needs a BOS, I have to ask myself, "has any of that ever happened."

there is a hunting rifle on here that is kinda rare at a good price i thought for sure would be bought up 20 minutes after it was listed. that was like 3 weeks ago and its still on here. why? BOS
BOS is a little ridiculous on a straight hunting rifle lol. If youre sellin some sort of ghetto blaster and "RidahBoi1997" is sending you PMs about it... thats a different story all together. I'd use it solely as a deterrent at that point.

I dunno man lol, I still haven't had my ATF cherry popped yet, I'd like to keep it that way. Does it suck as much as they tell me?

Having dealt with the ATF, FBI, IRS, and other alphabet agencies professionally, the odds of you, as a private seller getting your "cherry popped" is right up there with winning tonight's lottery.

What most people don't seem to understand, and may not want to believe, is that all Federal Agencies are terribly understaffed for the areas of law they are responsible for. They all have thresholds that crimes have to exceed before they are interested.

If ATF really cared, every large flea market in America wouldn't have a booth with some neckbeard selling beater guns out of the back of a van.

Tens of thousands of 4473s are turned down because the purchaser is a convicted felon. Attempting to buy a firearm for them is a crime. You would think that would be low handing fruit. Yet there are virtually no prosecutions of those crimes by DOJ.

No matter what your mama told you, not everyone thinks you are that important.

Having dealt with the ATF, FBI, IRS, and other alphabet agencies professionally, the odds of you, as a private seller getting your "cherry popped" is right up there with winning tonight's lottery.

What most people don't seem to understand, and may not want to believe, is that all Federal Agencies are terribly understaffed for the areas of law they are responsible for. They all have thresholds that crimes have to exceed before they are interested.

If ATF really cared, every large flea market in America wouldn't have a booth with some neckbeard selling beater guns out of the back of a van.

Tens of thousands of 4473s are turned down because the purchaser is a convicted felon. Attempting to buy a firearm for them is a crime. You would think that would be low handing fruit. Yet there are virtually no prosecutions of those crimes by DOJ.

No matter what your mama told you, not everyone thinks you are that important.
Like I said, I haven't. Thats why I legitimately ask questions on here, although sometimes it comes across as sarcasm.

I had some older friends back home that did tell me some horror stories about the agency, but there's a distinct possibility that they could've had more to hide than they told me. Its more about hassle for me. I've only had the pleasure of running across those dudes with the vans a few times.

And my momma never told me I was important, just handsome. And she never lies.

Well the "highest bidder" has become a thing with the newbies... I'll give you a quote from one of my PMs...the name is removed only because of the call out BS on here...

"Plenty of people wanting to pay asking price. Do you want to put in a bid? Currently, I'm going to sell it to a seemingly nice guy that lives a few miles away from me in East Cobb."
^^^^^^^THAT is the **** that pisses me off^^^^^^ No dignity

Back
Top Bottom