• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS Vintage Springfield (Savage) Model 511 20 gauge double-barrel

PaulE

Default rank <400 posts Supporter
Survivalist
Reaction score
This 20-gauge, 28” side-by-side shotgun has been in my brother’s closet since 1986 (it was my Dad’s and he left it to my brother then, and my brother recently died). It was pretty dusty and dirty, but cleaned up nicely. There was some minor surface rust on the barrel, but overall in good-plus condition; bore is bright and shiny (now that it’s cleaned of spider webs!). I know zero about shotguns, so didn’t take the action apart but just cleaned the outside and the bores. The front trigger doesn’t seem to work, but friends with shotguns tell me it’s probably a spring, a minor repair. No trades, as the money is going to my sister-in-law. Will travel reasonable distance from north Georgia.

Attachments

• 511 broke down.jpg
    511 broke down.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 507
  • 511 fm stock.jpg
    511 fm stock.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 485
  • 511 recvr, left.jpg
    511 recvr, left.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 485
  • 511 recvr, right.jpg
    511 recvr, right.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 484
This 20-gauge side-by-side shotgun has been in my brother’s closet since 1986 (it was my Dad’s and he left it to my brother then, and my brother recently died). It was pretty dusty and dirty, but cleaned up nicely. There was some minor surface rust on the barrel, but overall in good-plus condition; bore is bright and shiny (now that it’s cleaned of spider webs!). I know zero about shotguns, so didn’t take the action apart but just cleaned the outside and the bores. The front trigger doesn’t seem to work, but friends with shotguns tell me it’s probably a spring, a minor repair. No trades, as the money is going to my sister-in-law. Will travel reasonable distance from north Georgia.
Hi, I'd like to look at this shotgun. I live in Hamilton County near Ringgold. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom