• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS/FT Stevens 311 Double-Barrel 12 Gauge Shotgun

Shotgun Surgery

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
Reaction score
Item has been relisted, you can find the new listing at: https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-ft-stevens-311-double-barrel-12-gauge-shotgun.2479991/
Item Name: FS/FT Stevens 311 Double-Barrel 12 Gauge Shotgun

Zip Code: 30117

Item is for: Sale or Trade
Sale Price: 500
Trade Value or Items Looking For: Ruger Mark IV pistol (preferably a Standard model, but others work too)

Caliber: 12 Gauge

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: I'm selling a Stevens 311A 12 gauge double-barrel shotgun. It was made by Stevens for the hardware store Sears and sold under the name "JC Higgins". It's chambered for 2 3/4" shells, has internal hammers, and has two triggers. The receiver appears to be case-hardened. The gun shows signs of use, mainly some the bluing, but its lockup is tight and it functions perfectly. A professional gunsmith cut the barrels down to 18.5", reblued the end of the barrels, and moved the bead to the end of the barrels to make it into a coach gun. Also, it was made before the federal requirement for serial numbers so this shotgun doesn't have any.

Also, the automatically engaging safety which is normally in Stevens 311 shotguns (turns the manual safety on as the action is opened) was disabled by the same gunsmith I had chop down the barrels. The safety works, but it only turns on when the shooters manually engages it.

I enjoy the gun, but right now I'm looking to get my hands on a Ruger Mark IV (especially a Standard model, but if you have a different model then you're free to make an offer). If you have that and are willing to trade then this shotgun could be yours. If you don't have one of those but do want the shotgun then I'm asking $500 for it. Thanks.

Pictures:
shotgun5-jpg.3185922

shotgun3-jpg.3185923

shotgun4-jpg.3185924

shotgun1-jpg.3185926

shotgun2-jpg.3185927

Back
Top Bottom