• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

North East GA  Item Relisted! FS/FT Sig Sauer P229R Platinum Elite 9mm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow - what a beauty! I have been thinking about the P229 Elite Stainless, and wondering if I will have a problem with the extra weight and the rosewood grips being a little bigger. I did a little homework on the Platinum just now, and I'm wondering if this might be better for me.

Wow - what a beauty! I have been thinking about the P229 Elite Stainless, and wondering if I will have a problem with the extra weight and the rosewood grips being a little bigger. I did a little homework on the Platinum just now, and I'm wondering if this might be better for me.

In my opinion, as a motivated seller, it would be in your best interest to buy this one :)

Point taken - lol. I was hoping you might have info on a comparison of the weight difference or the difference in the size of the grips that might be meaningful? I have been to a number of gun shops and none of them had the stainless elite there where I could see it, hold it, etc.

Point taken - lol. I was hoping you might have info on a comparison of the weight difference or the difference in the size of the grips that might be meaningful? I have been to a number of gun shops and none of them had the stainless elite there where I could see it, hold it, etc.

I was just joking around! I have only fired a P226 Elite with the rosewood grips in .40 and that was exactly one time. It was very nice, although the grips felt like holding the business end of a baseball bat. A really nice rosewood baseball bat. They are monstrously thick. If memory serves, it felt very similar size wise to the M&P with the large grip insert installed. The rosewood grips are admittedly more comfortable to me than the aluminum because they are smoother and cut out for your thumb. It is an unfair weight comparison from my experiences however, because the stock P229 is 32 oz vs the P226 at 34 oz. The P229 Platinum is listed at 32.0 oz vs 40.2 oz for the stainless. I don't know how much of a concern weight is to you, but the 1/2 pound difference is something to consider. All that said, I'm pretty sure you can't go wrong with a Sig, whichever direction you choose to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom