• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS/FT Fusil Gras 1874 Artillerie - Trades Expanded

Brown556

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
ils ne passeront pas
Reaction score
Item has been relisted, you can find the new listing at: https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-ft-fusil-gras-1874-artillerie-trades-expanded.2316018/
Item Name: FS/FT Fusil Gras Mle 1874 Artillerie $650

Zip Code: 30132

Item is for: Sale or Trade
Sale Price: 850 - > 750 - > 650 cash

Trade Value or Items Looking For:
WW1 Rifles, 1911s, a bunch of 7.62x51 NATO, other things that go boom - surprise me

Caliber: 11x54mmR

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: French Fusil Gras Mle 1874 (M80) Artillerie. Bolt, trigger, extractor, springs, firing pin- everything works. No cracks anywhere in the beautiful French red stock. Brass fittings are snug, and both sling swivels are tight and function. Cartouche and serial number are clearly visible in the stock. No stripped screws and no reproduction parts. No import marks. Barrel, receiver, trigger, trigger assembly and the stock are numbers-matching, so they've been together for a century and a half.

This rifle is almost 150 years old, so flaws are what you would expect - stock has nicks, metal parts have pitting. Bore could look better, but there is enough rifling to easily spin a brush or patch. Bolt it non-matching, as expected of any French rifle WWI or before. No bayonet lug. This rifle came from a family friend who was a contractor in Saudi back in the 70s. He had fired it, but I have not.

Rear sight is deliberately semi-permanent. You can pick up the rifle by the sight and sling it around should you feel the need, but can be removed. These rifles have no windage adjustment, so if someone wanted to sight it in, I left it so that could be done without damaging the sight or rifle.

This was France's first rifle to use a metallic cartridge. The 11x54mmR would eventually be necked down to make the world's first adopted smokeless powder round, the 8mm Lebel. The Artillery model is shorter than the infantry or cavalry carbine, and has brass fittings.

Pictures:
1-jpg.2834396

6-jpg.2834397

8-jpg.2834398

4-jpg.2834399

3-jpg.2834400

Back
Top Bottom