• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS/FT Catalina Ragtop PROJECT...

letusbuyyourcar

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Reaction score
Item has been relisted, you can find the new listing at: https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-ft-catalina-ragtop-project.2273083/
Item Name: FS/FT Catalina Ragtop PROJECT...

Zip Code: 31069

Item is for: Sale or Trade
Sale Price: $2000ish
Trade Value or Items Looking For: Wide open

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: Yes

Billing Information: Bill o' sale

Item Description: What we got here is a 65 or 66 Pontiac Catalina convertible. All it needs is everything. But seriously its a complete car except of course the top. It is what it is. And what it is is a project for someone with cash/credit and access to a good resto shop.
Asking price is $2000.00 and partial trades are always considered. Could be a beautiful ride for someone with time skill and money.

Pictures:
20781-jpeg.2784908

20779-jpeg.2784909

When I was stationed at Aberdeen Proving Ground in Maryland, I got caught running 115 up Hwy 40 in one of these. Cop took my license and told me to follow him..........straight to Cecil County Jail. The duty Sgt. bailed me out the next day, and the car was sitting across the street where I parked it. Needless to say my weekend was toast.

Believe it or not, the Catalinas were considered muscle cars...Anything with a weight to horsepower ratio of 10lbs or less per Hp were muscle, and the Catalina BARELY fell in that catagory. I would LOVE to have this car, but it would have to get in a long line if projects...So, I just can't...

Believe it or not, the Catalinas were considered muscle cars...Anything with a weight to horsepower ratio of 10lbs per Hp were muscle, and the Catalina BARELY fell in that catagory. I would LOVE to have this car, but it would have to get in a long line if projects...So, I just can't...
This was probably one of the prettiest body styles. But the later model like the one Ray Liotta drove in Goodfellas is my favorite.

Now, that's a ride! If I restored it I wouldn't even bother with the ragtop. I'd only take her out on nice days.
Yeah and it would save a lot on the total cost. I haven't priced a new convertible top and installation in many years. I'm sure it aint gotten any cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom