• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS/FT BLING BLING TWIN CUSTOM OLD VAQUERO GUNFIGHTER PACKAGE

henryj

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
Reaction score
Item has been relisted, you can find the new listing at: https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/t...ustom-old-vaquero-gunfighter-package.2337696/
Item Name: FS/FT BLING BLING TWIN CUSTOM OLD VAQUERO GUNFIGHTER PACKAGE

Zip Code: 30281

Item is for: Sale or Trade
Sale Price: $1650
Trade Value or Items Looking For: Will consider partial trade only on very unique guns. TV is $1800

Caliber: 357/38

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Will only sell these as a package so if you want one gun it will cost you $1650, if you want just the leather it will cost you $1650, if you want just the two guns they will cost you $1650. So there. Also, before you ask, they are non-consecutive serial numbers. Now that is out of the way, about the guns. As soon as my eyes came across these here on the trader I knew ole' Pimp Daddy had to pimp them out some. Didn't even know the caliber just knew they were incredibly beautiful and different and had to have them. Had a vision for them. These guns, I was told were built by Hogleg Gunsmith. Hope I got that right. I don't know him or them but have heard of him or them but I do know the work on these guns was fantastic and much attention was given to detail. So, great job Hogleg.
Now for the guns. These are stainless "old" Vaqueros', more desirable than New Vaqueros. They are birdsheads with 4 5/8" barrels in 357 Mag/38 Spl. Included are the box and docs.
I am told these guns were built for Cowboy Action by the guy that had them built. He intended on getting into that but just never did and they sat in the safe. He also informed me less than a half box of rounds have been fired through each and that appears to be the case. No wear at all on internals and barrels are very crisp. These guns functions are smooth as silk, no feel of friction whatsoever. Now I don't know that much about cowboy action shooting but I do know these have light triggers which these guys want. The finish on them is not a coating of any type but a blast media finish and it is gorgeous. The grips on these beauties are different as well. They are a deep chocolate brown with tan veins running through them. Was told they were made from some African animals horns but don't remember what animal but I'm sure they weren't cheap. I have other Vaqueros and the one thing I don't like about them is there is no half-cock. Hogleg equipped these two with thee half-cock, very sweet. Naturally as always as soon as I got these home I ripped them apart to see what Pimp Daddy could do to these to improve on them but pleasantly surprised I found very little I could do to them internally. Hogleg had done it all. But had to do something to them so went in and re-polished all the internals as noted in the picks and and added a little bling externally. Also did a little smoothing on the frame in the hammer slot. I hate friction on a firearm. The only blemishes on the guns are very slight and in the exact same place on both guns. You have to really look for them to see them. One is about a 1/8" spot on the grip where it rubbed slightly against the holster and the other is under the barrel where the shell ejector touched it. Again, very, very slight. No other flaws and can assure you you would be very proud to own them.
Now for the leather. These are very high quality and good thick leather. Not the thin flimsy stuff you see so much of. It includes two holsters, a gun belt, and an ammo belt that holds cartridges and shotgun shells. Very nice stuff with little use. I believe the belt sizes to be 38" up but I wear a 36 and they will hang on me loosely but with the addition of a couple of belt holes can easily be made to fit smaller sizes. The cost of this stuff was upwards of $500 and was made by Rod Kibler in Alto, GA and is very high quality. Almost forgot, comes with badge holder also.
Now for trades. I have been in this business for 50 years so have had just about it all. So when I say I will accept partial trades on unique stuff, it really has to be unique.
The price on this package is $1650 and pretty firm and are not panic buying prices. I don't do that. These are a good deal for all you get. Very high quality in all of it.
I appreciate you looking and if interested, PM me. I know I have rambled on a lot but there is a lot to talk about. Again, thanks for looking.
I do not need help selling this package.

Pictures:
imgp0278-jpg.2900721

imgp0283-jpg.2900723

imgp0281-jpg.2900724

imgp0282-jpg.2900725

imgp0285-jpg.2900726

Great deal. It is "Hogleg Smith". A fantastic Gunsmith in Hall County / Gainesville.
Rod Kibler makes the best leather around for Cowboy Action Shooting and saddles.

Also, those grips look like Buffalo Horn.

Thanks for the info. The guns and the leather are super, super nice.

Back
Top Bottom