• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS 2001 Ram 3500 Dually 2wd- Cummins quad cab

Status
Not open for further replies.

95gAtl

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
Reaction score
Item has been relisted, you can find the new listing at: https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-2001-ram-3500-dually-2wd-cummins-quad-cab.2491356/
Item Name: FS 2001 Ram 3500 Dually 2wd- Cummins quad cab

Zip Code: 30024

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: 9500

Caliber: 5.9 cummins / auto / 4.10 gears

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: Yes

Billing Information: I HAVE GA TITLE

Item Description: Please read, i'm thorough and most Q's will be answered.
FIRST OFF: This is 2wd. NOT 4x4. If it was 4x4, it would not be 9500, it would be 15k.

NOTE: (update for some trade offers I have rec'd): I strongly strongly prefer CASH. If you are throwing out trade offers, it will totally have to be in my favor for me to even consider it. Don't want cars, trucks, boats, motorcycles.
I'd ponder trades PLUS cash on your end....like 4 wheelers, side by sides, tractors, super high end tools/guns, plus cash would have better luck.

Friends at the hunt club say I shouldn't take less than 10k cash, as decent versions go for 10k and up. I'm going to say the price is pretty firm. Don't need the cash, don't need to sell, especially since I can't even find a new diesel for less than $60k now. ARGG. But I will be getting a new one 2021/2022 model soon.

228k miles
2001 Ram 3500 cummins, dually, diesel. 5.9 liter.
Auto trans, was rebuilt with heavy duty parts 40k miles ago
6 new tires, less than 10k miles. spare is new
All new brakes 10k miles
new front end 40k miles
new FASS fuel pump (zero miles)
new injector pump (zero miles)
two new batteries
AC is ice cold
Hidden hitch (5th wheel) AND rear hitch
bedliner
trailer brake controller
4" straight pipe
Edge programmer
(over 10k was spend on new parts in the last 5-6 years).

Paint is typical dodge and been repainted and is fair at best
Interior dash has a cover on it.
Seats and floor are great.
THINGS TO ADDRESS:
Everything works minus the cruise control. I'm told it is a vacuum line (typical w/these trucks).
Oh and fuel gauge doesn't work because new FASS system, it merely has to be plugged in and shop didn't do that for unknown reason. idiots!
Has typical side valve cover oil leak that will need to be fixed at some point. This was replaced by shop 2 years ago with a Cummins gasket, I'm thinking the nuts need to be torqued down.

Always starts and runs.
Love the truck, but it is a cummins 2nd gen and LOUD as heck. I can't talk on the phone, can't go through drive thru's and I just prefer a 1/2 ton for daily driving or the new 3/4-1 ton diesels for QUIET.

FINALLY. Previous owner was my buddy at the hunt club. Older feller. Used it for daily driving (he managed a construction crew) rarely towed equipment with it (heck the original trans lasted 190k miles)....and towed a fifth wheel camper 2 times a year. He owned for 8 ish years and i've owned for 3-4 years.

Pics will be posted when I can wash the dang thing. Figured if I don't at least get started posting, then it will not get posted. NO huge rush to sell it, but motivated to show it to serious folks.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom