Reaction score
Item Name: FS Russian Saiga .308 (7.62x51) Sporter Ak47

Zip Code: 31069

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: 800.00

Caliber: .308 / 7.62x51

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Up for sale is a Russian Saiga .308(7.62x51) AK manufactured at the Izhmash factory..These were imported as a sporter rifle with no pistol grip and trigger group moved back...I am the second owner and the original owner replaced the stock with a real deal Russian one that has the check rest that can be positioned in 3 different ways for shooting with an optic or iron sights...The gun is used but with a low round count..Original owner said he put around 100-200 rounds and I personally have put 50 at the most through it...the gun is all serial # matching and has a really nice trigger...There are cosmetic blemishes but functions flawlessly...There is one issue though that I didn’t notice until the first time I took the gun apart to clean it..When the new stock was installed, one of the screws used to hold it in place is positioned under where the recoil spring slides back and forth (for example when u have to push it in to remove the dust cover)...the screw head is slightly to large so the recoil springs hits it..now it still goes back far enough to lock the dust cover on but to get it to go all the way back to the correct position, you have to put force on it to do it or by firing the gun it will force all the way back as well..the reason I first noticed though as previous mention is when I went to take the dust cover off, I could not get the recoil spring to push forward without putting a flat head screw driver on it and tapping it forward with hammer...With all that said, it seems to be an easy fix by replacing the screw with a smaller one or maybe shaving down the head of the screw that is already on there or you could possibly even get the screw to tighten down further to resolve it or use a different stock...I am not the most experienced with tools though nor do I have many so I’m leaving that to someone with a little more experience...The pictures should show you what I’m talking about and you can see where the recoil spring has rubbed on the screw head and scraped some of the metal off of the screw..the recoil spring shows no damage just the screw head..I’ll be glad to provide more photos if needed..Sorry for the long write up but just wanted to be thorough because this should be fixed before firing to be on the safe side..other then that though the gun is like a tank with a heavy duty barrel, also these have the extra reinforced recoil spring by having that additional attachment to handle the recoil...It runs great and is a fun gun to shoot in the hard hitting.308(or 7.62x51)...Gun will also include the 20rd Promag magazine shown in the photos..As most of u already know, these are banned from further importation like most of our imported AK’s..and now with COVID 19 and more importantly the constant attacks that us legal gun owners have to deal with from some in this country, it’s as good of a time as ever IMO to get an ak..the price/value will only rise on these. I have many more photos I can send u and this is on gunbroker so u can view those other photos there also...Thanks John

Pictures:
59a6b021-6f34-4900-b9cf-87744b54dcf2-jpeg.2569675

1f13cf43-52b5-40fb-853e-a8f149073a28-jpeg.2569676

43c1c2f7-e8f2-4152-b174-6d6a0bb71d6a-jpeg.2569677

e96a68a5-9794-4625-9e86-00f3f879ca11-jpeg.2569678

288edbb8-4209-4fff-8032-7f2358e75b74-jpeg.2569679

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom