Zip Code: 31005

Item is for: Sale or Trade
Sale Price: 1750
Trade Value or Items Looking For: 2000

Caliber: Other

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Hello traders,

I have an extremely nice and uncommon Springfield Armory M1 Garand in 7.62. Its in excellent condition as you will see from pics.

Receiver is an SA and serial number puts manufacture in early summer of 1944.
Bolt, oprod, trigger groups are all Springfield Armory. Barrel is what sets this apart, its a 1967 Beretta stamped military conversion with matching oprod. This may be an early Navy conversion as the date range is correct along with the proof marks and proof mark of 24 on stock based on research.
This gun is immaculate and i have fired it with zero issues. Edited (thanks to 358 for pointing out my error-should be fired only with 7.62x51 ammo as 308 is higher pressure). I have several en bloc clips and the correct sling to go with.

I have seen these in worse condition sell for over 2 thousand. This is a chance to own a piece of history. I just simply dont shoot it so would like to see it go to a trader who want it as a shooter or add to their collection.

I will entertain partial trades but selling price
Is 1750/trade value 2000. I am partial to CZs.

Pictures:
IMG_5949.jpeg
IMG_5948.jpeg
IMG_5947.jpeg
IMG_5946.jpeg
IMG_5945.jpeg
IMG_5942.jpeg
IMG_5940.jpeg
IMG_5938.jpeg
IMG_5939.jpeg
IMG_5924.jpeg
IMG_5925.jpeg
IMG_5936.jpeg

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
The .308 Winchester and 7.62 NATO are nearly identical cartridges, but there are slight differences in their specifications. The primary distinction lies in the chamber pressure, with the 7.62 NATO having a slightly higher pressure. This variation means that rifles chambered for .308 Winchester should not fire 7.62 NATO ammunition, while rifles chambered for 7.62 NATO can generally handle both cartridges

The .308 Winchester and 7.62 NATO are nearly identical cartridges, but there are slight differences in their specifications. The primary distinction lies in the chamber pressure, with the 7.62 NATO having a slightly higher pressure. This variation means that rifles chambered for .308 Winchester should not fire 7.62 NATO ammunition, while rifles chambered for 7.62 NATO can generally handle both cartridge
I don't know where you get your information. I don't talk for my health.

"308 Winchester operates at higher pressure than 7.62x51mm. SAAMI specifies a maximum average pressure for . 308 Winchester of 62,000 PSI, but the oft-cited pressure of 7.62. 51mm is 50,000 PSI--almost 25% less."

It may well fire 308, but 7.62 NATO is *lower* chamber pressure. A friend ruined an HK91 firing 308 in it.
A lot of people make the assumption about 7.62X51 vs 308 because of the 5.56x45 vs .223 in which case the civilian round is lower pressure but in the .308 vs 7.62X51 it is the exact opposite.

SIAU stands for Societa Italiana Acciai Utensili (Italian Association of Steel Tools) and is headquartered in Torino. The Navy did not use Italian barrels in their conversion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom