• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Gone: FS/FT 2003 Saturn Ion 1 - An ugly but reliable little car!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigJohnE

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
89   0
Reaction score
Item Name: FS/FT 2003 Saturn Ion 1 - An ugly but reliable little car!

Zip Code: 30577

Item is for: Sale or Trade
Sale Price: 750.00 OBRO
Trade Value or Items Looking For: .357 magnum revolver

Caliber: 4cyl. Automatic

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: $750 OBRO in Toccoa
An ugly but reliable little car. Clean title in hand.

257,990 miles on it. Cold AC in the Summer, hot heat in the Winter and starts up and drives you wherever you want to go. I inherited this car and really only know its history from the last 4 years or so. Have been using it as my second car, but recent hip issues make it too hard to get in and out of for me, so I’m letting it go.

Automatic transmission, Radio works, CD player does not work, some scuffs inside and out. Not going to win any beauty contests, but has never failed to run and drive excellent for me.

Some former owner messed up the hood release and rigged it to open from the outside. Not an issue, but thought I’d mention it.

Also, if you’re like me and never had a Saturn before, the battery is in the trunk! It’s made that way on purpose.

Just looking for cash really, but would consider trade or partial trade for a .357 magnum revolver in a 2.5”, 3”, or 4” barrel. Don’t really need anything else at the moment.

Please PM offers. I'll politely answer all queries.

PM is best way to reach me. Will get back to you asap.

Pictures:
img_20210730_092129124-jpg.3379831

img_20210730_092144402-jpg.3379832

img_20210730_092229813-jpg.3379834

img_20210730_092420475-jpg.3379836

img_20210730_092616090-jpg.3379837

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Disconnect the battery and wait a few minutes to reset the computer. If the light stays off long enough to get to an emissions place just pay the $20 and get the emissions. Then you won't have to negotiate. It will be worth every bit of $750.
He doesn’t need it where he lives.

Indeed! It's as basic as basic can get, but runs great for what it is!
Saturn was a great concept. The employees at Spring Hill were proud of their cars. The employees at the Saturn lots were almost like a cult about the cars and customers. I would take a first gen SC coupe model in a heartbeat. But like every good plan GM found a way to **** it all up.
Anyway, this is a good deal on a good daily driver or first car. Glad it's so far away. I don't need another one to insure.

Sure is. If I were a lesser man I'd keep my comments to myself, pay his asking price, spend an afternoon washing it waxing it and scrubbing the interior, then list it back on here for $1000-1200 like an evil genius
Preach on, bruh...Free market, cabitalism and whatnot. :becky:

Saturn was a great concept. The employees at Spring Hill were proud of their cars. The employees at the Saturn lots were almost like a cult about the cars and customers. I would take a first gen SC coupe model in a heartbeat. But like every good plan GM found a way to **** it all up.
Anyway, this is a good deal on a good daily driver or first car. Glad it's so far away. I don't need another one to insure.

Had an L series back in the early 2000s and the family drove the wheels off of it. Normal maintenance and changed the timing belt/pullys and drove it more. Some parts could be difficult to source as it was essentially an Opel Vectra, but overall a solid car.

The bean counters at GM took an excellent concept and culture where employees cared about the product they produced and the customers who drove their cars and turned it into just another GM brand :-(

Had an L series back in the early 2000s and the family drove the wheels off of it. Normal maintenance and changed the timing belt/pullys and drove it more. Some parts could be difficult to source as it was essentially an Opel Vectra, but overall a solid car.

The bean counters at GM took an excellent concept and culture where employees cared about the product they produced and the customers who drove their cars and turned it into just another GM brand :-(
Yeah that's what I meant before. Buddy of mine bought an ex wife a new 96 SL sedan at Saturn of Macon. When he used to go take it in for maintenance they would gather around him and ask all about the car. Then they would have fresh cookies and drinks. I used to call them Saturn's Witnesses. But they DID have an original product and concept. And it was successful for a while. But GM just couldn't leave success alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom