rOmiLaYu

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
244   0
Reaction score
Item Name: FS/FT 1976 Jeep CJ5

Item is for: Sale or Trade
Sale Price: 5000
Trade Value or Items Looking For: Wide open, guns, other cars, 4x4 vans, "whatcha got?"

Caliber: 3.7L Straight 6

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: Yes

Billing Information: Standard GA BOS (no title)

Item Description: Up on the block today is a fair example of the type. I traded into this about 5 years ago and have maybe put 1,000 miles on it. The story goes that I'm the third owner. Original owner owned a marina and used the Jeep exclusively for moving boats around the property, hence the ball welded to the front bumper. Second owner was a fellow ODT'er who was moving to Texas and couldn't take the Jeep with him because Texas doesn't accept BOS for tagging vehicles. So I traded into it. I do not have a title, but in GA, a standard BOS is enough to tag and insure the vehicle, no problem. I also do have the original owners manual if that does anything for you.

What you see is almost what you get. No soft or hard top, only a Best top bikini. No doors. I only drive it in the Fall when it's pretty. She runs and drives just fine. Mileage is in the mid 40 k's, but that could be 140k...not sure. If I had to guess, though, I'd say it's 40k. There's an Edelbrock carb upgraded and the engine doesn't leak, drip, or smoke. Only thing, though, is that the Jeep doesn't turn off when you take the key out. It runs really rough and eventually dies out. I've taken to just holding the break and choking it down. It's worked fine for the time I've had it. Best top half back leather seats in the front and Best Top leather bench seat in the back.

A couple of gauges and instrument clusters don't work. Temp gauge, fuel gauge, tach, and analog dash clock don't work. No radio. I have replacement parts for the clock and few dash buttons that don't light up that will come with the Jeep that I never got around to installing. 4WD works-ish but I wouldn't go rock crawling with it. It smoked a little when I was pulling a stump out of the ground a few weeks back. Hubs lock and unlock just fine. Tires are old but serviceable. For piddling around town, they are probably fine.

Paint is definitely a 10 foot job. I did it myself. Automotive gloss white enamel and flat back on the hinges and bumpers, all of which were removed for painting. It looks better than it did.

Yes, there is rust. It's a 40 year old Jeep. The most glaring example is a hole on the port side wheel well inside the engine bay but I hit with some rustoleum to preserve it and it hasn't gotten any worse in the past five years. Floors have been sprayed with what I was told was Rhinoliner but I'm not positive. Either way they are solid and not spongey at all.

This could be a daily driver as is, runs and starts, shifts smooth. 3 speed transmission. With some work, though, it could be even nicer. Oh, and the starboard side tailight stopped working last week. I changed the bulb, thinking that was the issue but it wasn't. So I'm assuming something's come loose somewhere.

I don't have any idea what the market on these things is, so if I'm way off, seriously, somebody let me know. I'm motivated to get this out of the garage as I have another project on the way. As always, will answer all PM's. Thanks, ODT. :yo:

OH! And the windsheild does totally unbolt super easy and lay down on the hood if you really want the wind in your face and the bugs in your teeth! :laugh:

ANSWERING QUESTIONS THAT I'VE GOTTEN VIA PM's:
-single stick transfer case
-no, it does not have power steering
-no, it does not have a tilt steering wheel

pxl_20210713_235022984-mp-jpg.3354373

PXL_20210713_235040449.jpg
PXL_20210713_235121783.jpg
PXL_20210713_235134121.jpg
PXL_20210713_235143953.jpg
PXL_20210713_235207110.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20210713_235022984.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210713_235022984.MP.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 467
DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom