Reaction score
Item Name: Item Gone: FS/FT 1974 MG MGB - Ford 2.3 swapped

Zip Code: 30054

Item is for: Sale or Trade
Sale Price: 6500
Trade Value or Items Looking For: 6500

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: 'm selling my 1974 MG MGB - it has less than 100 miles on a fresh Ford 2.3 Lima swap and 5 speed transmission. Bit of an upgrade over the factory 1.8 this car came with and the additional gear helps in the highway. The car looks OK but it's not perfect, it looks great from 10 feet and better in pictures but does have a few spots that need attention. The frame, floors and rockers are rust free, there's no cancer but the rear driver to the side of the trunk has a spot that was previously "repaired" that needs to be redone as well as a tiny spot on the front passenger fender at the corner by the headlight. The driver door has a piece of sheet attached to cover a "death crack" to prevent spreading and stop vibration, the frame is good but I would replace BOTH outer door skins. It does include the factory hardtop seen in pictures. It starts, runs, drives and stops well and also sounds pretty good. It does need a few things before being a "daily driver" - non-vacuum distributor, I'd replace the radiator hoses, tires, turn signal switch and the parking brake routed. I'm pretty firm on my price, will accept partial trade
there are many more pics on my marketplace ad - https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1543650422654206/

Pictures:
20210903_132333.jpg
20210903_132351.jpg
20210903_152022.jpg
20210903_152044.jpg
20210903_152122.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
I actually need to update this ad but since I have posted I did order/install a new billet distributor, tidied up the wiring a good bit and got signals working, new shiny valve cover, ordered a lightweight adjustable cam gear, sandblasted the small surface rust spots on the front and rear, filled the tiny hole in the front with my welder and the rear was only surface so I POR15 both sections, ordered new tires, new top seals and recovered the inside door caps. Probably going to get it all cleaned up and relist it for closer to $8000 in a few weeks after the new wheels come in as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom