Bill of Sale Required?: Yes

Billing Information: standard vehicle BOS

Item Description: 2005 VW Jetta TDI GLS
MK IV BEW PD engine
5 speed manual transmission
246,884 miles

Pretty sure the turbo has a blown seal

Clean title in hand
Silver/gray interior and exterior, GLS model (was top of the line at the time). Leather interior, heated front seats, heat, AC, cruise control, power mirrors (I think they are heated but being in GA I'm not sure), OE radio with CD, cassette (yup!) and a 1 1/4” trailer hitch mount. Also has a sunroof (works fine). I may have some service records but did most of the general maintenance myself. Always proper diesel oil for the BEW PD engine (505.01 or similar). I drove a LOT of highway miles, usually 60-75k miles/year. I had a local shop replace the clutch at 216k miles. I pulled a small motorcycle trailer with the car and it did great. The car always got 40+mpg. Regardless of speeds, driving habits, AC, etc. It's capable of getting better mpg but that was good enough for me.

Around 2.5 years ago, I was a few miles from home running errands and heard a pop, lost a lot of power and large cloud of white smoke behind me. Immediately pulled over and had the car towed a couple of miles to my house. After doing a bit of research and looking at codes, I’m 90% sure that one of the seals on the turbo blew and allowed oil to flow into the turbo.

The car will start and idle fine, and you can drive it at slow speeds, but if you accelerate, it doesn’t make power and you kill lots of mosquitoes (white fog from the exhaust). :) I didn’t want to temp fate, so I parked the car and figured I’d replace the turbo at some point.

So now it’s the next year and I’m not closer to fixing it, so off it goes. I bought another TDI (Touareg) from a friend and have been driving that.

I bought it in 2008 with 50k miles from a co-worked in Rome.

Every 100k I had a mechanic replace the timing belt, water pump, belt, tensioners, etc. So it was done around 100k miles and again around 200k miles. New Clutch at 216k. New battery a few weeks ago. Other general maintenance as needed and proactively done as I drove this car all over the south east for work (sales rep).

Currently has 246,884 miles. Won’t be going up at all as I don’t drive it. :)

Current condition- decent overall condition. Obviously the car has 248k miles so it has rock chips in the front and the paint on the top surfaces has some fading and spots. Sides and doors look great. Leather seats have some discoloration from sitting. No cracks in the dash and everything works as it should as far as I know when it was parked. There are some extras that come with the car- Eibach springs, K&N filter cleaner (have’t checked the air filter, could be a birds nest in there), and a new glow plug harness that I bought right before the turbo went. Front and rear mats are there and in good condition. Tires are in good condition (Pirelli P4’s). When I parked it the AC and heat worked fine, defrost worked, cruise control worked, etc. There’s a chip in the windshield, some scratches in the interior, trunk struts are VERY stiff. I spent a decent amount of time cleaning it up. there’s a few “dents” in the leather where I had put the boxes for the springs. I put a new battery in it a few weeks ago (the old one would crank it but hard to start) so it has a new battery ($150). Starts fine, idles with no noises or issues. A new turbo and manifold is about $650. Can find used ones or even get it rebuilt for less if you want to go that route. I just lost interest in it and already have another tdi that I love. :)

Asking $1000 as it sits. Located in north Atlanta, GA. Car will need to be put on a trailer or something, it can’t be driven on the street but it will start and drive so should be easy to load on a trailer.

Have lots of photos, if interested let me know and I can send any photos needed.

Pictures:
img_9437-jpg.2578702

img_9445-jpg.2578703

img_9447-jpg.2578705

img_9456-jpg.2578709

img_9464-jpg.2578710

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
I have a couple of solid offers I'm working thru, will close when it's sold but I"m pretty sure it's sold just working out details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom