• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

It was at that moment….

Whetstone

Default rank <5000 posts Lifetime Supporter
Jagten
80   0
Reaction score
IMG_9506.jpeg

Lol. This reminds me of my nephew that was having sink and shower drains gurgling, upstairs toilets getting sucked dry, and general plumbing draining issues in his new to him ~15yo house. We went through a bunch of troubleshooting, and finally I asked him to check his roof to verify he had plumbing vents, and if so go up there and see if they were clogged. Well, he got on the roof and checked the vents to find them all capped. Who knows how long the previous owner(s) had lived with drainage issues, but I told him to go ahead and saw the caps off. He didn't have a saw, so I told him to take a hammer to the caps (he said they were glued on), and magically all his issues went away.

Attachments

• Resized_Resized_20231222_124503.jpeg
    Resized_Resized_20231222_124503.jpeg
    815.1 KB · Views: 38
I updated some ceiling light fixtures in my BRAND NEW HOUSE a few years back. Just found wire sticking through the drywall with no outlet box. How did that possible pass the electrical inspection? Well it was in Cobb County within the city limits of Kennesaw :rolleyes: :doh:

I updated some ceiling light fixtures in my BRAND NEW HOUSE a few years back. Just found wire sticking through the drywall with no outlet box. How did that possible pass the electrical inspection? Well it was in Cobb County within the city limits of Kennesaw :rolleyes: :doh:
The big tract home builders rewrote the code here in GA. My home had no traditional corner post, end post, t post, no purlins, no corner boards, outside wrapped in cardboard paper, and a lot of 24" center non-load construction. They had to pay off inspectors as well, as there was tons of twisted studs and short wood, crooked window framing which racked the windows, no strong backs end trusses. Guess who did the labor. Pathetic.

Back
Top Bottom