• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

It is what it is...

lftd&pwrstrok'n

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Sith Dark Lord
247   0
Reaction score
Going to go ahead and start this in the pasture, because bitching is going to happen. This, however, is not a bitching about prices thread...

BIL went to a gun show yesterday and said cheapest 9mm was $850 per thousand, 300bo $2.50+ per round, 30 06 $3.00+ per round, and ARs $600-$3000. Said people were carrying stuff out by the wagon load. Now, I wasn't there, so I can not confirm nor deny...

But, it makes me wonder if it is time to sell out the ammo that I have been "hoarding" or hold on to it until darker days? Bear in mind that I have been "investing" in ammo for years. I don't have a fraction of some of y'alls collection, but my feelings have been that, just w/ inflation as a reason alone, ammo prices would go up. So I have been buying cheap and storing since Sandy Hook.

Hold or fold??

Going to go ahead and start this in the pasture, because *****ing is going to happen. This, however, is not a *****ing about prices thread...

BIL went to a gun show yesterday and said cheapest 9mm was $850 per thousand, 300bo $2.50+ per round, 30 06 $3.00+ per round, and ARs $600-$3000. Said people were carrying stuff out by the wagon load. Now, I wasn't there, so I can not confirm nor deny...

But, it makes me wonder if it is time to sell out the ammo that I have been "hoarding" or hold on to it until darker days? Bear in mind that I have been "investing" in ammo for years. I don't have a fraction of some of y'alls collection, but my feelings have been that, just w/ inflation as a reason alone, ammo prices would go up. So I have been buying cheap and storing since Sandy Hook.

Hold or fold??

You need to decide whether you believe this is a bubble that is going to pop at some point, if we are now at the high point or whether the shortage is going to become permanent and thus you are selling an irreplaceable commodity that will just continue to increase in price. The other question you need to answer is your ability to utilize the cash derived from the sale in a manner that will be more useful or profitable than it is currently being used. hard questions to answer without a clear picture of the future. An option is taking some profit without selling the entire stash.

Im not selling anything of mine at all. But then again I don’t have a lot to sell

Which begs the question: how much is enough? Before this current "shortage", I considered 1 box of hunting ammo, enough. Now I am not too sure about that? How much is enough for personal protection?

You need to decide whether you believe this is a bubble that is going to pop at some point, if we are now at the high point or whether the shortage is going to become permanent and thus you are selling an irreplaceable commodity that will just continue to increase in price. The other question you need to answer is your ability to utilize the cash derived from the sale in a manner that will be more useful or profitable than it is currently being used. hard questions to answer without a clear picture of the future. An option is taking some profit without selling the entire stash.

Anyone have a crystal ball for sale? :rofl:

Which begs the question: how much is enough? Before this current "shortage", I considered 1 box of hunting ammo, enough. Now I am not too sure about that? How much is enough for personal protection?

I personally don’t feel like a million rounds of every caliber owned is enough. However I have a problem a serious problem!!!! Just ask my wife

Back
Top Bottom