• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is this True or just Local gun shop lore

Absolutely amazes me how many mouth breathing morons there are in the 2A community. I don't even know why the customer would ever think LE is credible.
He was just looking for justification to buy a cheap plastic throw away gun.

He was just looking for justification to buy a cheap plastic throw away gun.

Just buy the gun and go. Nobody at the gun store GAF at all. These guys need to get actual friends so they can stop trying to think the gun store guys are their pals because its sad.

Evidence is returned. End of story. Sometimes you may have to push some, but you will get it back,

BUT what happens in a lot of cases is what is mentioned above. It can take years for a case to be resolved, the owner may move, lose interest, not be able to be located, or some other reason the owner doesn't reclaim it. The PD doesn't put a lot of effort into tracking down the owner, So those weapons are destroyed, usually.

BUT there is a relatively recent law that requires PD to sell them to licensed dealers, but a lot of the depts. are ignoring the law.

Evidence is returned. End of story. Sometimes you may have to push some, but you will get it back,

BUT what happens in a lot of cases is what is mentioned above. It can take years for a case to be resolved, the owner may move, lose interest, not be able to be located, or some other reason the owner doesn't reclaim it. The PD doesn't put a lot of effort into tracking down the owner, So those weapons are destroyed, usually.

BUT there is a relatively recent law that requires PD to sell them to licensed dealers, but a lot of the depts. are ignoring the law.
PDs ignoring the law?! ??? Unpossible!
I hear it's real easy to get your gun back from Atlanta PD....

Probably returned...eventually. Long story made short, a pistol that we thought was lost or stolen (private sale and I didn't have the serial nbr so I didn't report it) was found by the TSA at the ATL Airport in my wife's computer bag. It had slipped through the hole in the liner so that's why we never noticed it. She was arrested (but got no charges because we had some real good connections), let go within 4-5 hours without being booked and the Solicitor General of Clayton Co told me I'd never see that gun again. Well, 5 years later we got a letter from APD saying to come pick it up. TSA turns you over to CC but APD gets the evidence.

Back
Top Bottom