• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is this legit?

Almost two years of record breaking profits and no investment into additional primer production.
The money forcast is for another year of record breaking profits and no new primer orders accepted.
There is no financial incentive to invest millions into additonal domestic primer production and in fact it may contribute to lower profits.

Distributors have been saying not to expect primers in significant quantity any time soon.

So you know someone on the inside at Vista?

I’m going to stop reloading everything except precision stuff for my bolt Guns. I’m going to buy steel case and just quit worrying about primers and powder.

I will just leave this here :

Vista Outdoor Announces Record FY22 First Quarter Financial Results​

Total Sales Increase 38% to $663 Million; Shooting Sports Sales Up 39%; Outdoor Products Sales Up 38%

Delivers Record EBIT of $144 Million and EBITDA Margin of 24%

Create a panic, get rich doing it. Check

Even if they wanted to make more primers available by increasing production, I do not think that they can find people to hire at wage levels conducive to making a profit.

Ever consider that maybe they have so many primers orders on back order in now that they decided to pass that edict until they fill the current order backlog? It said no "new" orders. Didn't say anything about cancelling the existing orders.

Rosewood

After looking over the cheapest online prices (powdervalley, natchezss, grafs) if you add on the new additional 15%, after Nov. 1st (and more likely before then) with limits of 2k or even 5k.. You won't be able to get a brick of any American made primers for less than $90. Most LGS I've seen with some have already been around $70-$80.. turns to $81-$92.. More like $100.

Yep, Powder Valley made a comment about things getting a bit rough. Vista is doing to their distributers and customers what Household Storage companies have done for a while, when they got you by the cojones, you either cancel your order or sit back and take it. These guys know that merchants are already gouging prices so they just want a larger piece of the pie.

Even if they wanted to make more primers available by increasing production, I do not think that they can find people to hire at wage levels conducive to making a profit.
Most local restaurants can't open their lobbies because they can't get enough people to work. Some that had their lobbies open most of COVID has closed them now. Guess free govt money makes folks stay home.

I don't fault them for not building more capacity. It's an industry that routinely suffers huge swings in demand due to political changes, constantly under threat of new laws that can change the business landscape entirely, with just the stroke of a presidential pen.

Building a plant and machines that could take 20 years to ammortize, in that industry environment is risky. Their primary obligation is to shareholders, not customers. If they are making big profits now, good for them. I just hope they can keep the lines running at full capacity, 24x7.

Back
Top Bottom