• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is this all I need to mount the 45K onto a Glock 21?

I blew my end cap and beveled the end of my octane 45 hd using a G30, storm lake barrel, and SiCo piston. That turned me off of trying to suppress short stumpy pistols with full size cans that articulate and move a bit with the piston... I'm sure the g21 will be fine but just sharing my 45 ACP octane story.
WTF? That doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling.

I blew my end cap and beveled the end of my octane 45 hd using a G30, storm lake barrel, and SiCo piston. That turned me off of trying to suppress short stumpy pistols with full size cans that articulate and move a bit with the piston... I'm sure the g21 will be fine but just sharing my 45 ACP octane story.
lot longer that the K.

WTF? That doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling.
Yeah I chalk it up to the short barrel and long can. I got real discouraged and haven't tried to suppress it since. It could've been the stormlake barrel threads if they weren't concentric but I was just happy SiCo could fix my can.

I'm sure you'll be fine on the g21. My octane did great through several cases of 9 on a g17 with a piston. I haven't seen too many people suppress the G30 tho. Now my octane 45 stays mounted to an AR9.
20191220_085136.jpg

View attachment 2988025

Combined with a .578 X 28 piston?

View attachment 2988026

I bought the suppressor last year but have only mounted it on a 9mm subgun. It was less than stellar in suppressing that so I want to try it on a .45.....

I read that if the barrel unlocks like a Browning design, you need the piston and not a direct thread.

Do I have this right?

Not sure if you purchased yet but silencerco has 30% off site wide right now.
I went ahead and ordered a piston and 1/2-28 direct thread mount and saved a little cash.

Not sure if you purchased yet but silencerco has 30% off site wide right now.
I went ahead and ordered a piston and 1/2-28 direct thread mount and saved a little cash.
I just saw the email! Dang it! I ordered the piston from Primary Arms and they've already shipped. Oh well. Maybe I can hunt around and find a couple of other things I could use at 30% off on Silencerco's site. I have my front sight "tool" coming, barrel was shipped lightning fast by the Glock Store (1.5 days), and I actually found a set of Trijicon Suppressor Height night sights on ebay (last set). Looking forward to the "project." I'm going to put a light underneath the frame (Gen 4) and that gives me something else to hunt for. Any recommendations?

I don't know if you're interested, but I use a Viridian laser/light combo. Came with compatible holster also.

I just saw the email! Dang it! I ordered the piston from Primary Arms and they've already shipped. Oh well. Maybe I can hunt around and find a couple of other things I could use at 30% off on Silencerco's site. I have my front sight "tool" coming, barrel was shipped lightning fast by the Glock Store (1.5 days), and I actually found a set of Trijicon Suppressor Height night sights on ebay (last set). Looking forward to the "project." I'm going to put a light underneath the frame (Gen 4) and that gives me something else to hunt for. Any recommendations?

You can cut the top off a cheap blackhawk sherpa holster if you have any lying around and then you can use it as a holster with the can attached. Unless the can is real hot ...

Also, I quit putting suppressor height sights on stuff bc I don't think I really need it. Both eyes open and you just kind of see through the can.

Back
Top Bottom