• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is this all I need to mount the 45K onto a Glock 21?

palmettomoon

Army Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
NRA Life Member Wayne LaPierre & Chris Cox Hater
226   0
Reaction score
upload_2020-12-22_13-55-9.png

Combined with a .578 X 28 piston?

upload_2020-12-22_13-56-22.png

I bought the suppressor last year but have only mounted it on a 9mm subgun. It was less than stellar in suppressing that so I want to try it on a .45.....

I read that if the barrel unlocks like a Browning design, you need the piston and not a direct thread.

Do I have this right?

I have an older AAC Ti-Rant 45 that I bought all the boosters, a fixed barrel spacer and a 3 lug mount for so I could use it on anything I have. That was then and I now how multiple dedicated cans for certain guns, but still use the Ti-rant for pistols.

View attachment 2988025

Combined with a .578 X 28 piston?

View attachment 2988026

I bought the suppressor last year but have only mounted it on a 9mm subgun. It was less than stellar in suppressing that so I want to try it on a .45.....

I read that if the barrel unlocks like a Browning design, you need the piston and not a direct thread.

Do I have this right?
Yes, I'm suprised you didn't like it on a 9mm pcc. I have the octane 45 HD and it sounds awesome with subsonic ammo on a 9mm PCC.

Yes you need that threaded barrel with the piston. I don't think your suppressed G21 will be any quieter than your 9mm PCC unless you were using super sonic ammo on your 9mm pcc.

I have already a piston mount and piston in 1/2" X 28 for my PTR9CT 9mm barrel. Wouldn't I simply replace the piston (that threads onto the barrel) with the new one, use the same spring and mount for the 45? The instruction manual is as clear as mud on this.

On my ti-rant 45 can I use the same spring with different pistons, unless it’s a fixed barrel of course.
I'm sure it's the same with the 45K. I just ordered a barrel from Glock and a piston from Primary Arms. We'll see if I like it with some 750 fps .45 ACP loads.

Correct. Be sure to give the outside of the piston a dab of lube so it glides easily during cycling. Enjoy.

That's what she said!
I've got a Hybrid 46 in jail and will need to purchase a piston soon myself. Have had a threaded barrel for my G21 for many years with no use!!

I blew my end cap and beveled the end of my octane 45 hd using a G30, storm lake barrel, and SiCo piston. That turned me off of trying to suppress short stumpy pistols with full size cans that articulate and move a bit with the piston... I'm sure the g21 will be fine but just sharing my 45 ACP octane story.

Back
Top Bottom