• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is there an active 40mm community in GA?

We have a minor MG shoot as supplemental to the suppressor metering day, it hasn't been enough of a crowd to draw folks that would bring out rentals. It's more of a "shoot what ya brought". Usually a bunch of MACs, Stens, and this year a MG42.

I missed the last metering day.

But I think we could all share some information so perhaps we should plan a 40MM meet up.

We have a minor MG shoot as supplemental to the suppressor metering day, it hasn't been enough of a crowd to draw folks that would bring out rentals. It's more of a "shoot what ya brought". Usually a bunch of MACs, Stens, and this year a MG42.
I brought a bunch of different ones but had very few interested in shooting them. Probably will not bring as many next year since the only thing people wanted to shoot was the mp5. I have no interest in bringing ammo to sell for people to shoot them, just too much hassle.

There used to be an active NFA group here in Ga. (back in the days of Yahoo groups ) We held several shoots in Madison, I held 3 on property I leased. We also held shoots at a friends place near Calhoun. One of the guys owned both a 203 and a M-79. I am still occasionally in touch with him but he moved for work and is now in Pa. There was also an annual shoot in Alabama. It all seems to have faded away. Mainly having a place seems to be the issue.

Bump. Interested. Just snagged a rifle length m203 heatshield and now I need to complete the build. Sadly no one has m203s, either 40 or 37mm for sale

I'd like to build a potato cannon, registered as a destructive device, and I'd like it to be a magazine fed repeater. May be a bolt or pump action.

I wonder what it would cost to have a schedule 40 PVC pipe rifled, and what would be the best twist rate for a cylinder made of potato, 2" diameter and maybe 2.5 or 3" long? A big potato "wadcutter" bullet!

Bump. Interested. Just snagged a rifle length m203 heatshield and now I need to complete the build. Sadly no one has m203s, either 40 or
I'd like to build a potato cannon, registered as a destructive device, and I'd like it to be a magazine fed repeater. May be a bolt or pump action.

I wonder what it would cost to have a schedule 40 PVC pipe rifled, and what would be the best twist rate for a cylinder made of potato, 2" diameter and maybe 2.5 or 3" long? A big potato "wadcutter" bullet!
Dd a can cannon and ending the barrel, customize a chamber to use 308 blanks

Back
Top Bottom