• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is there an active 40mm community in GA?

7   0
Reaction score
I've been waiting for more than a year to get an M203 receiver to do a form-1, but not sure I want to do it anymore figuring its just going to get harder to use 40mm without more restrictions on practice ammo - I had already scored some collectors ammo like old buckshot loads etc that might be fun and a 12 gauge shotgun adapter which would be the most practical utilized rounds one could shoot affordably with less hassle. But seems like a lot of work for essentially a single shot SBS : )

Is there an active 40mm community that gets together or shoots on a regular basis or has any advice?.

I have also considered on myself. I have all the other color stamps.

I’m seeing there’s a lot of 3D printed stuff coming out for shells and stuff. I’m debating filing, snd then I would want a behive, but like you said you’re essentially getting a single shot SBS.
The option to pop smoke seems pretty great. I think you can do 35mm without a stamp as long as you use less lethal stuff
I've been waiting for more than a year to get an M203 receiver to do a form-1, but not sure I want to do it anymore figuring its just going to get harder to use 40mm without more restrictions on practice ammo - I had already scored some collectors ammo like old buckshot loads etc that might be fun and a 12 gauge shotgun adapter which would be the most practical utilized rounds one could shoot affordably with less hassle. But seems like a lot of work for essentially a single shot SBS : )

Is there an active 40mm community that gets together or shoots on a regular basis or has any advice?.

I have also considered on myself. I have all the other color stamps.

I’m seeing there’s a lot of 3D printed stuff coming out for shells and stuff. I’m debating filing, snd then I would want a behive, but like you said you’re essentially getting a single shot SBS.
The option to pop smoke seems pretty great. I think you can do 35mm without a stamp as long as you use less lethal stuff
Beehive? Is that the one that shoots a bunch of .22 out of the .40mm? Because that's one of the first things I thought of and looks really cool. Of course nothing could be as cool as actual .40 mm rounds!

Beehive? Is that the one that shoots a bunch of .22 out of the .40mm? Because that's one of the first things I thought of and looks really cool. Of course nothing could be as cool as actual .40 mm rounds!
Actually the beehive is fairly underwhelming for performance unless you have a rifled barrel version which are rare. Most are just drilled holes.

The 22 slugs tumble and if you watch high speed footage of the projectiles they do very little and bounce terribly often with poor penetration. Literally better off with a 12 gauge adapter. I was psyched to get a beehive until I talked with those who used one.
They are also very slow to reload.

I am in also. Here is the press I use. We should start a 40MM users group........

40mm Press.jpg

Actually the beehive is fairly underwhelming for performance unless you have a rifled barrel version which are rare. Most are just drilled holes.

The 22 slugs tumble and if you watch high speed footage of the projectiles they do very little and bounce terribly often with poor penetration. Literally better off with a 12 gauge adapter. I was psyched to get a beehive until I talked with those who used one.
They are also very slow to reload.
I have no illusion that the beehive would be effective or good for HD, honestly it's like a bunch of NAA revolvers without rifling going off at once. Cool and I mostly just wanna do it with tracers.

Even with 12 gauge it would be a single shot, a SxS cut down is the same price stamp and then you get double the rounds.

I just thought 40 is cool as hell and I want one for that factor alone.

Piedmont Cartridge does a good bit of 40mm stuff, and I believe MHT might as well. I havent seen any organized shoot here though. Im sure if you get out to Big Sandy or something like that, there will be some guys shooting HE

Piedmont Cartridge does a good bit of 40mm stuff, and I believe MHT might as well. I havent seen any organized shoot here though. Im sure if you get out to Big Sandy or something like that, there will be some guys shooting HE
Thanks for the input. I've never made to Big Sandy - its just a bit far but maybe a bucket list activity. It would be great if there was a GA NFA shoot of some sort now that Knob Creek is done.

Back
Top Bottom