• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is there a prettier finish

Thise are cool but I would shoot to many 38 rounds through it unless you jand load 357 to 38 specs. You'll end up pitting the crap put of you chamber.

I want one of those rifle pretty bad!

That NAA above, though…
I have a Hard Case Pug too (The Dude) but the workmanship is awful or I would show it off.. NAA did a terrible job and the distributor would not assist in making it right.. It may as well be a all black model.. :(
Maybe some day I will deal directly with NAA to see if they can swap out for a good finish..

1638407442472.png

@wozeyjales

I would say an AR is a "better" rifle for my needs, which are largely self defense, competition, and target shooting. The Semi autos are more robust, have fewer things to break that renders them inoperable, hold more ammo, reload faster, have more energy delivered on target, weigh less, have easier options for adding lights or advanced aiming devices, can take suppressors, and are shorter. I have years behind the platform and lots of training, So from a logistical standpoint, I'm choosing AR for a rifle when I "need" one.

but the ability to send 357s down range, pretty quickly and accurately, and run well by someone with ~0 training is certainly nice, too.

I took a combat rifle class and a guy was running a lever action. He did pretty well, and had a HUGE advantage over us running AR's - his sight offset was practically nothing.

I'm a fan of AR's, but don't discount a good lever action in .357 (or larger) for ending a fight quickly.

Thise are cool but I would shoot to many 38 rounds through it unless you jand load 357 to 38 specs. You'll end up pitting the crap put of you chamber.

I want one of those rifle pretty bad!
bulletpaluza bulletpaluza can you send a link or reference? I've heard about shooting lots of 38 in a 357 revolver leading up the cylinders, but not pitting in a lever gun
I took a combat rifle class and a guy was running a lever action. He did pretty well, and had a HUGE advantage over us running AR's - his sight offset was practically nothing.

I'm a fan of AR's, but don't discount a good lever action in .357 (or larger) for ending a fight quickly.
until the 11th round needed. Offset is not that hard. my 3 gun rifle had a 200 yard zero. Point blank it was hitting about 1.93" below the dot. distance shrank as I pushed towards 200. After 200 it drops again. bingo bango.

I shot semi pro 3 gun (I was sponsored) for a number of years. Nobody hit the prize table outside a local match with anything besides a semi auto 5.56, 308, or I saw a rich guy shoot 300bo when it was new. No lever guns won ever.
yeah seems to be, but it's still fun. I like my henry. if I could only live with one rifle I think I would be OK with this one.

Back
Top Bottom