• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is there a prettier finish

I have really come to enjoy the stainless look.

Taylors and Co Alaskan Takedown-

Attachments

• 1892-alaskan-takedown-reup.jpg
    1892-alaskan-takedown-reup.jpg
    735.1 KB · Views: 17
Sometimes it appears hard to photograph. Found these samples on the Internet. Really like the full on Colt version. The Wilson is still handsome.
FLcracker FLcracker yeah this is the best pic I've gotten to date. It's cool that it changes as you move it and are in different lighting conditions. I'm considering doing it to a 1911 someday but I understand it can wear.

I'm still waiting to find out who told you an
AR (all of them?) are better than a Henry.
I like all finishes to some extent but I agree
basic blue with nice wood hard to beat.
Complete gun course in 3 minutes, now
that's the impressive part imho. Nephew
must be a fast learner. Bet he's ready now
for the 6 minute advanced class!

It is. You are correct on finish, most folks draw a blank at matt chrome, but get the S/S reference.
I shot single stack in IDPA/USPSA in the early 2000s. I'm up on all the old-school chromes. Might send an old 1990s to Ford when I get some "spare" money for a similar finish to what you have done.

how do you like the take down?

I'm still waiting to find out who told you an
AR (all of them?) are better than a Henry.
I like all finishes to some extent but I agree
basic blue with nice wood hard to beat.
Complete gun course in 3 minutes, now
that's the impressive part imho. Nephew
must be a fast learner. Bet he's ready now
for the 6 minute advanced class!
wozeyjales wozeyjales he had a number of safety lessons before we went... starting with nerf in the house and ending up with a red ryder in the yard. So he was good on the safety/4 rules aspect and really took to it. I let him shoot my 22lr first and he did fine with it. So I showed him how to load and work the Henry and damn he took to it like a champ!

I would say an AR is a "better" rifle for my needs, which are largely self defense, competition, and target shooting. The Semi autos are more robust, have fewer things to break that renders them inoperable, hold more ammo, reload faster, have more energy delivered on target, weigh less, have easier options for adding lights or advanced aiming devices, can take suppressors, and are shorter. I have years behind the platform and lots of training, So from a logistical standpoint, I'm choosing AR for a rifle when I "need" one.

but the ability to send 357s down range, pretty quickly and accurately, and run well by someone with ~0 training is certainly nice, too.

Back
Top Bottom