• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is the trade worth it?

631047C6-0714-4BDC-9103-A572FF196F0D.jpeg
I carry mine every third day in rotation.

There is nothing wrong with a Taurus 1911. Better than many budget 1911s out there.
This is correct. They are hand fitted, forged frame and slide, hand fitted match grade barrel and bushing. The only thing that could be improved upon from the factory is the trigger. Just a tad heavy. Being a 1911 nut and having owned three or four I say do it without hesitation. Excellent starter 1911. I am waiting for a stainless one for a deal so I can do with what I set out to do with the first four or five I owned. Strip it and build it back up with Wilson Combat and Ed Brown parts. They are accurate and shoot great the way they are but I just like tinkering. First thing I did when I bought my Remington R1 lonslide 10mm. Tore it down and rebuilt it with Wilsonian Combat bullet proof parts. Shoot like a freaking dream now. Nothing ventured, nothing Gained! I don't know exactly how many I have owned but it's been a lot. I love em!

This is correct. They are hand fitted, forged frame and slide, hand fitted match grade barrel and bushing. The only thing that could be improved upon from the factory is the trigger. Just a tad heavy. Being a 1911 nut and having owned three or four I say do it without hesitation. Excellent starter 1911. I am waiting for a stainless one for a deal so I can do with what I set out to do with the first four or five I owned. Strip it and build it back up with Wilson Combat and Ed Brown parts. They are accurate and shoot great the way they are but I just like tinkering. First thing I did when I bought my Remington R1 lonslide 10mm. Tore it down and rebuilt it with Wilsonian Combat bullet proof parts. Shoot like a freaking dream now. Nothing ventured, nothing Gained! I don't know exactly how many I have owned but it's been a lot. I love em!

I never would've been aware simply because of Taurus reputation. I still think a G3C is a solid carry option though since you won't really care if it gets beat around a bit

A stainless 1911 goes for around 750-800 right now. If I had a Sub 2000 just one I would be all over that. Cause I love me a nice 1911. They are a nice looking gun and will eat anything you feed it. I have had more problems with ammo issues out much more expensive guns.

Thier 1911 is in a different category when it come to quality. They do put a little extra into that gun. Regardless of what people say there are s couple of guns Taurus makes that are fine firearms.

I’ve got a couple of Sub2000s (.40), so I’m considering trading one for something different. A guy has offered a Taurus PT1911. I’ve never owned a 1911 and am therefore not experienced with them. So, what I’d like to know is “is it an equal trade or is one of us getting a better deal than the other, if I accept the offer?
do it do it do it

Back
Top Bottom