• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is it worthwhile to get a C&R License these days?

Klif

Air Force Icon Supporter
ODT Junkie!
31   0
Reaction score
Probably 10 or 12 years ago I had a C&R and bought a lot of things online, delivered by FedEX or UPS (I forget which) and also bought guns at gun shows using my C&R License.

I've been out of the C&R collecting stuff for a while but I did go back and try some of the online resources I used to use but there doesn't seem to be much out there.

So, the question is, would it be worth the time and effort to get a new C&R and start up a new bound book or would it be a wasted effort?

I still use mine. Quicker to complete purchases, and it's always nice when that package is on the doorstep. Price wise, doesn't make much difference. The good old days of the surplus importers getting decent quantities and variety in which they passed on at a discount to FFL / C&R holders seem to be long gone.

Im no expert but i definitely still see the benefit of having one. The utility of just shipping it straight to you and removing any fees from pickup at an FFL pays for itself after like one or two purchases. There is some extra hassle with keeping a bound book but its honestly super low effort. TLDR.... do it/get one

Thanks, I'll check out the process tomorrow when I'm off. I remember that you have to let the local sheriff know but he doesn't get to approve or not. I made my last bound book at Office Depot but I'm betting there are premade ones now. I'm getting excited just at the thought. A lot of the sites I used to visit have some guns but they are dang expensive compared to what I used to pay but that is the same with any guns and ammo now.

Thanks for the good info and feedback.

Back
Top Bottom