• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is giveaway day done with?

Google form with different price categories (>20 20-50, 50-100), wish list, address information. Will match with another person in that price category( without relieving who your secret Santa is). Ship off then send shipping/order confirmation within 2 weeks of matching. Great thing with this site is we have the feedback system so we can limit it to only +10 or whatever feedback so it is only to people who have done multiple transactions

I will type a more concise breakdown when I get back to computer
oh snap...still out.

Well, how about we do a recap of 2019 ODT and all accomplishments!

1st things 1st, there will be no giveaway day.
2. Problem mod
3. 3 post a month limit starts
4. PayPal pulled fast one on OS
5. Foriegn weapons and obscure builds thread was suicided
6. Prestigious members left. Along with vast knowledge
7. 12 infractions are rookie numbers.

If I left anything out, feel free to add
#6.....who left? What’d I miss. Were it in a loud and glorious manner a la @BangBang ?

Rimfire rifleman Rimfire rifleman Yea, it is nice that the community organizes that kind of thing. But that wasn't what giveaway day was about.

GAD gave vendors, small business, patrons and the rest of the site a day to promote business, get exposure, draw in new crowds (good and bad) and it give crazy classified traffic... ect.

I am not knocking m & g but that is not the same. Big odt show is cool, but that shouldn't have been a replacement for giveaway Day. Also not free, even if you're a paid supporter. GAD was free, and gave incentives for becoming a supporter. I would love to see how many accounts went supporter status on that day alone back when.

Giveaway day could be solely based on vendors and members donations and no Okuma Okuma steve money and still be great. Subscription doubled during covid and giveaway day was dropped.

IMG_4445.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom